Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

SLICKRICK

2000 Yamaha Bear Tracker - No Spark/Need Help

so i got a 2000 yamaha bear tracker 250 and when i first got it, it ran fine once u finally got it started. well i narrowed that down to the intake tube was too long so i got oem parts and fixed that hoping bam there goes that problem well i get it all put back together and all of the sudden it will crank but no fire off. so i remove the spark plug to make sure im getting fire and no dice so i put a new spark plug in and still no fire. so electrical problem but im lost as to where to start. or how to test any of the electrical parts leading to the spark plug. please help i would sure like to get this thing running for my three year old for christmas. thanks in advance.

so i got a 2000 yamaha bear tracker 250 and when i first got it, it ran fine once u finally got it started. well i narrowed that down to the intake tube was too long so i got oem parts and fixed that hoping bam there goes that problem well i get it all put back together and all of the sudden it will crank but no fire off. so i remove the spark plug to make sure im getting fire and no dice so i put a new spark plug in and still no fire. so electrical problem but im lost as to where to start. or how to test any of the electrical parts leading to the spark plug. please help i would sure like to get this thing running for my three year old for christmas. thanks in advance.

SLICKRICK, when checking for spark at the plug make sure the outer metal part of the sparkplug is grounded to the engine, make sure the main ignition switch is on, make sure the emergency switch on the handle bar is set to the start position and make sure the atv is in neutral.

After checking all these things above and it still fails to fire or spark at the plug then check all or any wiring, wiring connections and or connectors that you have intentionally or unintentionally disconnected while woking on the atv and also check all the fuses.

If all these check out as good and the atv still won't fire at the plug you will need to test other things such as the igntion coil, pickup coil but you will need a volt/ohm meter and the specifications for these in order to test them.

In order to get this information go to the Yamaha ATV Forum and you will see a sticky note posted by oxidized_black in regard to Yamaha Service Manuals go through each page until you get to a download LINK for a 1999-2001 Yamaha Bear Tracker YFM 250XL© Service manual link. Click on that LINK and download the PDF file to your computer this should provide you with more than enough information to test and find your ATV problem.

Also give oxidized_black a shout of thanks for the manual. Hope This Helps, Whip