Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Mojave

Ksf250 won't shift

Hey guys I just bought a ksf250 for 25 bucks and the motor turns over but it only shifts into two gears and it won't go into neutral. Anybody got any ideas?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By davidwestfall
      looking for direct shift shifting lever that properly fits my 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 and fits my foot the same as a stock 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 shifting lever fits my foot
    • By Wonderwoman
      I am about at my wits end. Took the 250 back to the dealer repair shop AGAIN. Had it in there two months ago for a bad smoking issue. I thought it was to much fuel and washing the oil off the cylinder and burning it. They said it was the head. So I purchased new valves, valve guides, oil seals and had the head professionally done. So $225 later I had a great looking head. Well while I had the ATV apart this far I also got new rings for the piston. Mic'd everything out and everything was in spec. Put it back together and seemed like it smoked a little at the house (5000 feet above sea level). Took it to the mountains (9000 feet above seal level) for Sept. bear hunting and couldn't use it. Smoked worse than before and couldn't run it past half throttle or it would flood itself out. So brought it back home and it is back at the shop again. I say it is something in the carb that isn't set right or wrong jet????????? Anyone have any other ideas that it could be?
    • By partsman193509
      My 500 4x4 only works if shift lever is pushed forward, I understand that there is a switch in the shifter box that goes bad and am wondering if this could be the problem and is there any way to check it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    • By Wonderwoman
      Help, The carb started leaking gas out of my 2000 300 so I shut the gas off. 6 months later I get a chance to check into it and the needle is stuck in the brass seat. New needle and cleaned the carb good and now the gas won't shut off. Fills the air box/cylinder with gas. I had it apart 3 times and nothing I did seems to solve the continual gas flow. I really don't want to spend $379 for a new carb. Any suggestions? I did notice the tangs,arm that hold the float pin are really wore out, lots of slop for the float pin.
      Put a piece of hose on the gas inlet, blew through the hose and lifted the float and it will shut off air being blown. But, hook the gas line up to carb and gas just keeps running out of it.
    • By AndoverHorseMom
      Hoping for some help for a newbie's wife. Bought a used 06 Kodiak 450 with 550 miles and just over 100 hours on it. Had been used primarily for plowing snow. The unit ran well, started with no issues in zero weather, and ran very smoothly when it was tested (two different occasions). Not convinced it was cared for like my husband would, we brought it to our local auto guy whose young son can fix or service anything recreational (specialty is quads and snowmobiles). We had him change all the fluids, spark plug, new tires, and give it a general look-see to make sure all was good. There were no noted leaks, but the son said the rear differential was basically dry...two drops came out when it was drained. No evidence of any leak, but he said it had to have gone somewhere. The shop did the work, but said to watch it carefully in case a leak developed. Well, we've put only about 6 miles on it just puttering around the house and suddenly it started revving fast, and it was difficult to get into park or neutral. The hubby parked it, but cooling fan continued to run for several minutes, then shut off. The first time this happened, we called our guy and he asked how much gas was in it. Well, it was in the red zone. He said to fill it because the lack of fuel could have caused the engine to starve and suck from areas in the carb (hope I'm remembering the verbiage). Basically, the quad was empty. Our bad. Hubby filled it up last night, started it up and rode it around the yard again and we thought that was the problem. Then the same issue happened. I'm having a severe stomach ache thinking that we have purchased a really expensive problem. Before we take it back to our shop (who we have used and trusted for dozens of years), is there any obvious thing we can try? We do not have a service manual--only an owner's manual. Or is the dry differential issue that the son discovered possibly a heinous culprit? Hubby wants this for this fall's hunting season, so we have time to fix the issue...I'm just curious if it is something stupidly simple. I apologize in advance for not really knowing much, and the hubby has no idea I'm posting this! HELP PLEASE!