Quantcast

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By That229Yamaha
      Hey guys, I’m new to the forum. What I got is a 2001 Yamaha Bear Tracker 250, got it as a project on trade and the problem I’m dealing with is a “no spark” problem and been trying to hunt down the cause for two weeks. I’ve replaced the stator, pick up coil, CDI, wiring harness, ignition, coil pack, spark plug, solenoid, battery, etc. and I’m still not getting any luck. Even tried bypassing the kill switch. I also noticed two things on this quad, another CDI under the back plastic by the voltage regulator, and a blue and green wire coming from the motor behind  the foot shift, tried to hook it up but it broke off and I’m thinking the broken wire would cause it to have no spark, if not then I need someone’s help on this and wanna see if I can get spark again. If anyone knows why I have this problem, the help would be greatly appreciated.
    • By DayBreakJim
      Well, hello everyone. I figured I'd introduce myself with a post. I just turned 33 last month and today I officially quit my job to work on wheelers. I've been buying them broken for about 5 months now, fixing them and selling them for profit. I work on them in my garage and have been selling between 2-4 per month but it has been draining me while also working my full time job. I've slowly been accumulating the basic tools I need to get the jobs done. Nothing special, not a boatload of tools, money or skills. I taught myself through the years and finally got sick enough of working for the city as a sewer service worker to make the jump and quit. I was making 49k a year and now I'm fully relying on my income from repairing wheelers.
      I live with my gf and we have no kids yet so that helps. We live in a major city and it has gotten so bad now that we refuse to have kids and raise them here. There's no way we're putting them into the education system. We're determined to move to the country, buy land and start a homestead. My gf is building her virtual tutoring business teaching kids to read and doing awesome! I knew that this job was the last thing holding us here and I would have to lose it anyway if we're going to another state in the next 2 years so we decided now was the time. 
      So that brings me here!
      I hope I can share things that I'm learning and learn more from you guys! Also I know I'm going to be needing those service manuals sooner or later with how many wheelers I'm fixing. Any tips for us to get to our goals are extremely welcome!! We have no land in either of our families and not much money either so the task of doing all this alone is daunting.
      Nice to meet you all and wish us luck! The clock is ticking!
    • By tkokenos
      I just recently purchased a Polaris xpress 300 and have had a number of problems.. I purchased it in none running condition and found that it needed a top end done.. after completing the top end and not being able to find the oil drain plug for the engine, any kind of dip stick to check the oil, or any where that I could fill the engine with oil I was already frustated enough.. and then when i finally did get it started and tried to put it in gear and it would just grind(no matter what gear) My frustation has become monumental.. any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.. i've already tried to idle the engine down to it nearly stauling out and then tried putting it in gear and it would just grind, or if i tried to force it it would just staul out completely.. for fear of tearing up gears I would like some input procede any further..
      Thomas,
    • By Jeff Comstock
      So it's been a while since I was on here begging for knowledge but....here I am again, like a bad penny.
      So my 300 bayou was fine and I drive it close to 30 miles a day ( no joke, no license). I pulled over to light a cigar and drove 100 ft and started down a dip in the dirt road and it acted like it was out of gas (just filled the tank) but then when I tapped the brakes it started running fine.
      Now it'll start but runs rough unless I turn on the headlights and brake light them it'll even out and at first it'll skip and backfire almost them it'll run fine untill it goes to idle them repeat above. If I sh** off the headlights it wants to die. My boss has the same 300 so I swapped battery and cdi and regulator with his and still the same jazz. Could it be the coil? Don't they do like old cars and just die? Also went I throw my voltmeter on the battery while it's running it sits at 9.87-.99 like it's not charging, did that even with different battery, reg., Cdi. Checked the grounds, all good. It's always been a rule that if a battery has only 9 volts then turning on the lights drains power and it runs worse. I'm confused like I just saw a churchmouse kick a barn cats butt
    • By MaxPax
      Backstory: ATV Ran fine, once stopped in the forest and had to be towed back to my workshop. Found that the stator connector was melted together. Fixed that and it ran mostly fine but intermittently lost spark. Changed CDI box which fixed that problem. Ran fine for a year, but started to misfire more and more often until it did that most of the time. It's not really losing spark, it's firing when it's not supposed to, occasionally making the engine kick in the wrong direction if the revs are low enough. I found that disconnecting the charge regulator would make the problem disappear. I measured the regulator, one diode seemed bad so I got a new one. No change. I then bought another new CDI box and changed the stator and ignition sensor as well as the ignition coil to make sure everything in the ignition circuit was new.

And now, it's still doing it. I'm leaning to a broken cable/connector somewhere but it seems illogical to me that it would spark when not supposed to if it were that. Any suggestions is very much appreciated!