Quantcast

96 kingQuad 300 wouldnt start

Mike8623

Questions for you guys, I have a 1996 king quad 300 with less than 2000 miles on it. I started having problems with it starting. had the valves adjusted and it worked for awhile and then started having probllems starting again, had valves adjusted and again it worked for awhile and then it wouldnt start and it seemed each time I had the valves adjusted it was taking less time for it to quit running. I took it in last time for repair and they replaced the whole top end, piston etc. and now it runs pretty well, but I have noticed if I run it 40-50 miles it is hard to start.

Any ideas

Forgot to tell you folks that everytime the valves were adjusted they were tight. Once they were re-adjusted it would run fine for awhile and then it wouldnt start again. Adjust the valves and it would run again. The last time I run it I put about 50 miles on it and had a hard time getting it started once I turned it off (and that is after it was repaired with a new piston, rebore on the cylinder and rings and gasket at $854.00.

• 1 month later...

Im having the exact same problem with a quadrunner 250. The vavles keep tightening them selves out of adjustment..Best I can figure is its a cam or chain problem but not sure which one..If you do figure this out please let me know what your cause was maybe itll be the same for me..Mine started out the same way but now itll only drive for 10 minutes until the vavles get too tight and it wont run any more, it really sucks..Hope u get ur answer.

• 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By bob2007
      Hy there great to be able to communicate with people having knowledge I have a continuous problem with a leaking carburetor and I just saw a small rubber hose detached from the bottom of the carburetor and i cannot find were it should be attached and how the two side should be affixed to the carburetor any suggestions as i cannot find a description plan on it thank you Bob
    • By Ajmboy
      Anyone purchase or check out Rockymtnatv lately? Well I was just browsing over there and they have a pretty cool section called Ten Dollars Or Less. Some interesting things to check out if you are in the market.

• By cavry
      Wiring shows White and Brown to solenoid blades. Then a black wire from starter circuit relay to solenoid. I am confused,  where is that black wire supposed to connect?
      Thanks for any help
      Cavry
    • By NZrider
      My king quad 700 runs rough when cold then won't start some times but not often when it's hot. And occasionally smoke's a lot when it's cold I'm guessing that's rings but I'm worried unless it's causing the other problems

All help is appreciated thanks
    • By jatho
      Has anyone else had an issue on older king quads where the oil would leak from the top of the head (due to a failed gasket) and drip onto the hot exhaust? Mine got so hot one time it caught fire. Just wondering if this is a common issue, as I've seen the same thing happen on multiple bikes that were the same model.