Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

tssetmr

1999 Yamaha Wolverine - Pinion Torque Specs

I'm in need of the torque specs for the rear output shaft pinion nut torque specs. Does anybody have them? As it is a pain in the @#$% to do I only want to do it this one time.

Thank you.

That's wonderful. Thank you so much! Great resource. I did this job several years ago but because I got in a hurry and didn't remove the ujoint I was unable to properly torque the nut. Therefore it had worked its way off. I now used Loctite red and properly torqued it. Thanks for your help!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By jerebear
      I rebuild my front diff but can't find the torque spec for the pinion nut for my 1998 500 quadrunner. It had timkin bearings so I know the preload needs to be correct not to overheat or be too loose and take it out again. Does anyone know what the correct torque is.
      Thanks 
    • By Wrye Pipeworks
      Picked up a 2000 prairie 300 4x4. It is leaking out of the rear output seal where the driveshaft contacts to the engine. I'm havi g a really hard time finding out how to remove the driveshaft online, finding a service manual, and finding the seal on a parts diagram. Anyone know how to remove the driveshaft or know where a service manual is for it?
      Thanks
    • By w_r_e
      Trying to put new shoes on the rear brake of a 1987 LT-4WD. 
      Can anyone tell me if I need to remove the big nut in the center of the hub to do so? (The yellow line in attached photo)
      Or should that brake cover just pull off, like in this video https://youtu.be/UD18QGnFeCs?t=70
      If it just pulls off... how much effort should it require? Because it seems stuck on there pretty darn good.

• By Rick534
      i want to remove rear rack
    • By Alan Callison
      Hello boys and girls!:howdy:I need a little help if ya dont mind.I need to replace the rear axle bearings on my 400 but Im going at this blind having never done it before. Ive looked it up in the repair manual but it doesn't give any specific steps on how to do it. I've got the left rear brakes off already as I was replacing the shoes anyway. Can somebody give me a rundown on what Ive gotta do please?I know I need to pull the right wheel off just havent done that yet. Do I need to take anything apart in the final drive or elsewhere in order to yank the axle out for instance? Which side does the axle come out from,L or R? Any details I need to know will be greatly appreciated.Thanks ya'll!
  • Similar Tagged Content