Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

tssetmr

1999 Yamaha Wolverine - Pinion Torque Specs

I'm in need of the torque specs for the rear output shaft pinion nut torque specs. Does anybody have them? As it is a pain in the @#$% to do I only want to do it this one time.

Thank you.

That's wonderful. Thank you so much! Great resource. I did this job several years ago but because I got in a hurry and didn't remove the ujoint I was unable to properly torque the nut. Therefore it had worked its way off. I now used Loctite red and properly torqued it. Thanks for your help!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Ty Warner
      New to ATV's. I got a good deal on a 2007 Suzuki LTZ250. It is shaft drive which seems rare. Any pro's or con's?
    • By Ahren Longo
      Well I finally had to take the rear end apart on my 07 Rancher 420. Man it was nasty on the inside!!! I didn't take any pictures, too concentrated on the task I guess. The tools are retarded expensive, after I spent $280 to get the socket and puller for the pinion, because no-one makes them other than Honda. I figured out the pinion was shot due to the needle bearing being completely destroyed, it ground it down pretty bad. The bearing and seal set was cheap enough , $70 on ebay. I got the pinion on ebay too for $95, I took the nasty looking ring gear and sand blasted it, although a little pitted, still perfectly usable. I had to turn the sealing surfaces down about .015" to get them smooth enough to seal. Then for the icing on the cake. I found a brand new rear diff. assembly for $400 on ebay. Dang it!! Coulda just popped and swapped and saved $50. Oh well I have the tools to do honda rear ends now maybe I'll get my buddy who own's a CNC machine to copy them for me and I'll sell the other ones to get my money back.
    • By Frisbie6
      This is a strange question maybe.  I just finished cleaning my old barn find Suzuki.  I think it's a 1985.  LT230 shaft drive.  Started it up and other than making some carb adjustments (well, I think that's all I have to do) it runs fine.
      But as I drove it around the yard I noticed that it is hard to steer.  The front tires seem like they are barely touching the ground!  The handle bar moves fine and the wheels turn, but the tires don't grip the grass.
      When I lean forward as far as I can the tires actually bite into the grass and turn the bike.  When I sit on the bike it just plows straight ahead.
      Has anyone seem anything like this? 
      I wonder if the back tires are too small, causing the bike to lean backwards.  Does anyone have the specs on what size tires I should have?
      Thanks for any help provided...
    • By Paul Muscat
      Hi all, I own a kymco mongoose 250cc. One of the rear rims is quiet damaged in fact it wobbles while spinning.  Does anyone knows a good website where I can buy a rim as the one in the picture.  
      Thanks

• By Gunny
      Haven't been tracking because I was down with a cold. And it really sucked because we had several storms come thru and put down some nice fresh snow. But it's all good now. Except now, the temps are really going to start going up which means the snow is melting fast. But I got out on 27 Mar & the tracking was AWESOME !!! Hope you enjoy the video !!!

• Similar Tagged Content