Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

nhjonesy

1988 Big Bear 350 4x4 - Plow Mount

I'm looking for help w/identifying a plow mounting bracket for my 1988 Big Bear 350. Can't seem to find one that's available/in-stock for these older models. Anyone know if there's much difference between an 88 and say a 1994? Seems like brackets for the 90's and newer models are easier to find.

Thanks for the response - yes the mounting bracket is exactly what I need but everywhere I look they are out of stock, which leads me believe they are probably no longer made for my ATV model. Was hoping to hear that these things are easy to modify, or that someone else with an 88 Big Bear that had managed to find a bracket that worked.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Richard Paradise
      My 1997 Beg Bear got stuck in 2nd Gear when parked on slight hill, otherwise in perfect shape. Trying to get it into neutral, by rocking it back and forth won't release out of gear.
      Any suggestions, It's my work horse and I keep it in to shape, got to get it running..
    • By mmmPUDDIN
      I've had this machine for 2ish years, has ran great up until winter. Sometime during then, I managed to break the exhaust right before the muffler. The summer before it had a hard time idling, but we fixed it by cleaning the carb, and messing with idle. Near the end of last year, the only way for it to fire was the have full choke, and full throttle, and the engine bogged down and you had to keep on throttle for 25mins. Over winter, the throttle had dislocated, and I got it back in place. We got it running, and all was good. Spring came along, and now it doesn't start at all. A fluid is coming out of the exhaust, and I'm told it could be water from over winter. I checked the airbox, and the air filter isn't for this quad, it also is barely sucking air. There appears to be little to no compression, based on this. I'm pretty sure the engine is flooded, as the spark plug produces a spark, but is oxidized. I don't know how the previous owner treated it, or when it's last oil change was. A bolt on the engine has either oil or gas seeping through it,abd was loose. I tightened it and it consisted. The engine is basically positioned in the rear, and it needs a good clean, I don't have a pressure washer, so I can get the built on dirt off. any recommendations on how to get the beast started again?
    • By John Dunn III
      Just bought a LT 230 anything I should watch for. It runs and drive good. Just don't want no surprises 
    • By Travis Johnson
      My 1988 Honda 300 fourtrax has a short all of sudden neutral light works but when I put on headlight nothing can't start it unless kick start please help
    • By Gary Ferguson
      My old Big Bear nearly left me stranded but I managed to limp back to my garage just before it died. Now No Spark. I’ve changed the obvious, inexpensive and easy parts- spark plug & coil without any luck. 
      Ive stripped it down and traced all of the related wiring, checking as many connections as I can but no luck again. 
      Next I pulled the cover and accessed the stator housing to inspect and do some resistance testing to ID a possible short. 
      Here are my readings:
      Source coil- 325 ohms
      Pickup coil- 225
      Can anyone tell me if these are good numbers, and if good, where to go next?
      I assume my next purchase will either be a new stator or CDI, but since neither of these tend to be returnable items I want to be as sure as I can I’m gonna get a resolution to the problem!!
      Thanks,
      Gary in SC
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By wHarmon
      Our 1988 Yamaha Terra Pro is finally seeing the finish line of becoming our new bush hogging tractor! I've had the terra pro for almost 2 years... we had great intentions, but after removing the fenders, fuel tank, and the carb, we let it sit up. Shame on us! However, the terra pro is cranking today. We cleaned the carb, figured out what goes where and where did that screw go! She smokes like there's no tomorrow, but that's okay! The only issue right now is getting all these lines hooked back up to the carb right! There is 5 lines to hook up to this thing!! And in our moment of drinking and removing parts, we cant remember how they go back on. I've found several diagrams online, but none showing the overall schematics of all the lines! If anyone has a service manual, or any way of helping us figure out what goes where I would really appreciate it!! I can attach pictures later if it'll help!
    • By alexcross324
      Hi all, I try to find this manual in the threads but you have a lot of stock here
      Cannot find this particular manual.
      I found it for YFM200 but not sure if they are the same.
      Thanks if you could help me with that.
      Im new here so if I did something wrong, please tell me.
    • By alexcross324
      Hi all, my second post here
      I got an old Yamaha 88 moto 4 and I have a problem with my overflow hose from the carb.
      When I put the gas switch to ON a big amount of gas is leaking from the overflow...so I start using my quad with the gas switch to RESERVE wich is also leaking but less than in ON position.
      I dont ride a lot..but in a week I empty my gas tank.
      Strange.
      I never clean my carb because Im new to quad world and dont have the service manual...so I need you point of view.
      Thanks guys!
    • By M0BJT
      Hi Everyone
      This is my first post and I was wondering if there is anyone who can help me solve a problem I have with my Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4 Fitted with a Mikuni Carburetor . The year of the quad is around 1998, the reason I am not sure of the date is, there wasn't any paperwork and no details on the frame either.
      The quad had a bad leak from the carb overflow which indicated that the float needle valve was blocked or passing so I replaced this and put everything back together. The quad ran really well until I took it onto some rough ground to have a ride around, a few hours later the engine started to run really rough as if the engine was flooding. I have removed the carb again and cleaned the needle valve out and the whole of the carb just in case there where any dirt behind it. Engine now runs fine again but fuel has started to run out the carb overflow again.
      I have tried everything to try and stop the fuel leaking out the overflow but its still happening. My last thoughts where to adjust the float level and its still happening.
      Has anyone got any thoughts on the problem or could suggest whats causing the fuel leaking out the overflow.
      Thanks for reading
      Kevin
    • By Billie
      :confused:need a repair manual or help in what to look for thank you Bill
      for you muddober to make clear to you the neutral light and the gear light
      do not light up win shifting fuses are good Iuse my CAt for hunting im dissable the atv is my leag s thank you