Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.
  • Similar Content

• By uptothree
      Got two 3 wheelers. One a 85; 250es the other around 83 (not sure the year) 200es. Neither of them are getting any fire. The manual says to test across the two terminal going into the coil to measure the resistance. I checked and both read 0.0. No resistance. The 200 came with two other coils which Ive never used. Tested them and got 0.0. Ordered one off Ebay for the 250. Came from a cycle shop. High tension wire doesn't look to good. Tested its terminal and it reads 0.0. I also have a 400 Kawasaki 4 wheeler that ran when parked (water cooled with a cracked head or sleeve. So it hasn't been used in awhile) I tested its coil. Got 0.0. Im pretty sure that coil is good. I then tested a round can coil on my old tractor just for fun. It did show some resistance.
      So where do I go from here? I need to find out if that coil from Ebay is bad so I can send it back. The high tension wire on it is just about enough to make me want to send it back any way. Any help on how to test these coils would be appreciated. Then I could move onto the other parts of the firing system.
    • By oleblue
      Hey, I joined the site and thought these videos may be helpful if you ever run into 4wd problems with your Yamaha.

• By oleblue
      I just launched a new site that deals with all and any problems with the 4wd system on Yamahas. I have how to videos for testing the servo, disassembling the servo, replacing and purchasing the servo (motor only), testing relays, and testing the push button switch.
      I also have a link to download the 4wd testing portion of the service manual.
      Check it out at 501parts.com - Yahama Servo Motors
      Let me know if I can help.
      Heres a few of the videos and pics

http://www.501parts.com/files/stacks_image_252.png
      http://www.501parts.com/files/stacks_image_250.png
    • By hojnowsr
      For those techno folks out there!!!! How does one test the starter relay on a quad??? I am told that you can not test it unless it is on the unit??? @ the highest level one could say if the quad does not start the relay is shot BUT how does one test it electronically??? with a meter???
      Thanks BOB
    • By ncgator
      Hit enter by mistake on previous post.
      I have seen references on this and other forums about testing the CDI. The service manager at a dealership in North Myrtle Beach tells me they cannot be tested. What's the real scoop here?