Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

Your thoughts wanted!

hangingon

Thumbs up for thumb throttle on a 4 wheeler. Think of those occasions when you are trying to finagle out of a jam in contorted body positions. Facing backwards jumping on the front rack for example. Thumb throttle is easier to manipulate in that position.

That's what I got to thinking about. The times you need throttle and brake at the same time or if your leaning 1/2 way off the quad in a fast turn. The + side of twist it wouldn't bother my friend Arthur as bad and I had the carpel tunnel surgery on my throttle hand. It gets rough sometimes with the thumb.

They sell an extender that mounts on the thumb throttle that

Makes it easier to use ... Makes it longer an easier to push

So it wouldent bother u as much an u wouldent have to worry

About the twist causing issues an making it dangerous in some

Conditions ... An they are pretty cheap compared to a conversion

Kit .. Or a combo kit ...

I have not checked the price! I am going to stay with the thumb for now. I feel its safer on a quad. I need too just be tougher. At least you can let go of the throttle and still hang on. I have seen people try to hang on to a bike and until they let go of the throttle the bike is in control while your hanging off the bike.