Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Kevinjrr

'97 TRX300FW Front Brake Issue

I have completely replaced my front brake shoes, hoses, and master cylinder. I have bled the brakes the best I could. I am still unable to build up much pressure. The wheel cylinders only push out about 1/8" when the handle is squeezed.

What should be the typical travel on the cylinder for the brake shoe to hit the drum?

I've used a brake bleeder, but still can't get all of the air out.

I'm not sure what else to do.

Any thoughts?

i had to adjust the star wheel so the shoes were almost touching the drum before i got them right. the air is probably out already, but like you said, not enough travel from the wheel cylinders ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Gilbey
      Does everyone run the tire pressure as stated on tires or perhaps a couple # below to soften the ride a little?
    • By Jeni Lynn
      2012 Rancher ES-- only when driving in 4x4 when I get to about 15-18mph there is a loud clunk in the front end and a hard downward jerk. Its almost as if its trying to downshift itself. It doesn't do it in 2 wheel drive.  I have checked the angle shift sensor and applied dielectric grease to it, changed the front end differential fluid (the old still looked good and clean) checked and adjusted the clutch. Hopefully someone can give me some more ideas. 
    • By MarkinAR
      Passing thought here and thought I'd pitch it to the group for debate.  I'm working through a Kodiak which is basically a Big Bear in a heavier bike and the same as about anything Japanese made for 30 years as far as clutch function and design goes.  This Kodiak is odd though in that the centrifugal clutch slipped a bit with good clutch material remaining and the main clutch pack seems to slip a bit as well at high RPM but also still has good clutch material left.  Much like the Kawa race bikes from what I've read.  Do you think it's an option to add a thin washer to the pressure bolts to put a bit more pressure on the main clutch and force it to use a bit more of the clutch material before having to replace?  There's seriously like 50% of fiber left on the main clutch pack and it seems silly to replace it all before it's truly worn down.
    • By raybob
      replacing carb,, the bigger line on right side top of carb does it just vent to the air,, cant find where to hook it up to also I want to check the oil and gear oil I checked the oil in motor and the rear end my question is looks like allen plug on left side of motor if you are setting on the 4 wheller, ps it hs a oli leak any help would be great. Ray in kentucky
    • By StolenATV
      On Wednesday, September 18, our ATV was stolen from in front of our house after the locks were cut. This was around 2-3:15 AM.
      We realize the likelihood of ever finding the four-wheeler again is slim to none, but we had to try and put the word out there. We have put countless hours in to restoring this Banshee. It was more than just a passion project, it also was our investment for a down payment for our future house. We are devastated and beyond heart-broken. If you see any suspicious postings on Facebook Marketplace, Letgo, Craigslist, etc., or have any other information, please contact us or the Prince William County PD.
      *Update* We received a tip last night that it was possibly posted on Facebook Marketplace around 8AM yesterday morning with only pictures of the front and of the back of the ATV. The description only said: PM for more details. This came up in someone’s FB Marketplace feed that has it set for a 50 mile radius from Hartwood, VA. She also has her feed set to automatically translate everything into Spanish, so It could also possibly be posted in Spanish.
      WHAT WAS STOLEN:
      2004 Yamaha Banshee YFZ 350
      White plastics with bright green and pink graphics/stickers
      STOLEN FROM:
      Prince William County, Triangle, Virginia
      $500 REWARD FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO RECOVERY. BONUS FOR CONVICTION.
      The post Stolen From Our Front Porch – 2004 Yamaha Banshee YFZ 350 appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By arvellaspoon
      When I push down on the rear brake pedal, it makes the left hand brake very sloppy. Is there a way to adjust that? I have a 2007 Suzuki Vinson
    • By crazynordlander
      Hi All,
      I live in Minnesota and bought a 2016 CFORCE 500 HO. I am in hope to see if there is anyone in the US that is experiencing this sudden drop off in RPM below 4000 RPM. I have uploaded some videos of my issue on YouTube. I will list three of the four I posted. The fourth can be found on my channel but it is a comparison between my Polaris 570 and my CFORCE 500.
      I quit on my first dealer because we just did not mix well together. I brought it to another CFMOTO dealer that just became a CFMOTO dealer in January 2016. They are in a large ranch and agriculture area in a neighboring state that is pretty close to where I live. They have close to every brand available. They are a much larger dealer than the first one I bought the unit from.
      I brought the unit three weeks ago to them and they have worked on it a good solid week and have given up on it. I have read reports from owners in Canada that the dealers there were aware of the issue and have had success in fixing the herky jerky drivability issue.
      I am picking it up tomorrow and bringing it back home. It has been to the trails of the Black Hills this year and was new in late April. 300 miles on it. It has never changed. Very hard to ride on the trails or when I herd livestock.
      Here are the links to my videos.

I can't accept that this is normal operation. Does anyone from CFMOTO China scan these posts?
      I need help that CFMOTO USA has not provided.
      Thanks
      Kevin
    • By atvfarm
      Ok Im new here. I was given a cougar 250 and i put a new carb on it and it will idle great but anything above low rpms spits and sputters. also is this thing suppose to have a fuel pump or just gravity feed from petcock?
    • By atvfarm
      Ok Im new here. I was given a cougar 250 and i put a new carb on it and it will idle great but anything above low rpms spits and sputters. also is this thing suppose to have a fuel pump or just gravity feed from petcock?
    • By biggreen2010
      ok it will start up an run but quits a lot till it gets warm, but has a bad miss an wont idle, I have a brand new Honda carb on it, good gas flow, new plug, but when I let the throttle go below a quarter, it backfires through carb an tail pipe:confused: so it has never had any electrical work or mechanical work done...it just started all the sudden, I'm think it may have ignition coil breaking down, or cdi box going bad...anyone had this trouble before? let me know what you did to fix it. thanks:skeptic: