Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Getting A Stripped Nut Or Bolt Off - Pro Remedies

1 post in this topic

Getting A Stripped Nut Or Bolt Off - Pro Remedies

Keep your blood pressure in checkSeemingly simple projects can quickly become a complete nightmare when broken bolts, stripped heads and seized fasteners come into the picture. I know you've undoubtedly experienced this at some point, and when you least expect, it will happen again. Being armed with the knowledge to deal with the situation can save money, reduce downtime and, most importantly, keep your blood pressure in check. Penetrating oil and traditional tools don't always do the trick, and this is when you can count on ATV Rider to point you in the right direction.

Photo Gallery: Getting A Stripped Nut Or Bolt Off - ATV Rider Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By toonces
      Long story short ... I'm installing a winch on a 4 wheeler and need to find a bolt just like this one except it needs to be 1/4" longer.

Sorry the pics a little out of focus due to distance. It's a 5/16-18 3/4" bolt with a hex head that says E-G 10.9. I searched ebay using the best criteria I could and didn't see anything similar after searching through literally the first 1000 hits.
      I believe the 10.9 expresses a high strength that I'm really not that concerned about. The replacement doesn't need to be as strong.
      Anybody have a suggestion on where I can find something like this? If all else fails I can try to do the connection differently but for now I'm just looking for as close a replacement as possible.
    • By csts
      1995 350 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4. Are the dif gear splines harder material than the axle splines? If so can I replace just the axle itself? Also what other years and/or models interchange?
    • By wHarmon
      Our 1988 Yamaha Terra Pro is finally seeing the finish line of becoming our new bush hogging tractor! I've had the terra pro for almost 2 years... we had great intentions, but after removing the fenders, fuel tank, and the carb, we let it sit up. Shame on us! However, the terra pro is cranking today. We cleaned the carb, figured out what goes where and where did that screw go! She smokes like there's no tomorrow, but that's okay! The only issue right now is getting all these lines hooked back up to the carb right! There is 5 lines to hook up to this thing!! And in our moment of drinking and removing parts, we cant remember how they go back on. I've found several diagrams online, but none showing the overall schematics of all the lines! If anyone has a service manual, or any way of helping us figure out what goes where I would really appreciate it!! I can attach pictures later if it'll help!
    • By scott1445
      Have tried and picked up two alternative that make taking video of rides a little simpler and cheaper. The first are the 1080P Video Goggles, and for those that dont wear goggles but wear sunglasses the 1080 p Sport sunglasses. Have tried both and both work well, the goggles are a little trickier to learn to use but once you do they work great and the glasses are one toch and play , plus come with polarized lenses as well as clear so I can wear them on my street bike at night! I have attached pics and video links so you can see....
      [ame=]Firehouse Technology High Definition 1080P DVR Sport Glasses - YouTube[/ame]
      [ame=]Firehouse Technology 1080p DVR Sport Glasses - YouTube[/ame]