Guest jspen

Yamaha YZF450x VS Outlaw 525 IRS

2 posts in this topic

I am actually looking to purchase two quads within the next 6 months. One utility, one sport. However, I am up in the air between Yamaha vs Polaris and what engine size to get. Speed is good, power is good and price is always a factor but no too worried in the end. Also, factoring this decision will also be based on the sport quad I purchase which, shocker, Yamaha YFZ450x or Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS. I honestly don't know which brand to purchase. I will not be racing at all but wouldn't mind hitting a track if available just to mess around in and most of my riding will be Northern Minnesota trails, groomed trails at that. Sorry this was a lengthy read and I am sure these quads have been talked about before but this is my first time on this site ever. Thanks for your thoughts and don't fry me too bad.

I know these sport quads are somewhat apples to oranges but let me hear your thought anyways.

The Yamaha will be quicker and more nimble, the Polaris will still be plenty fast, it has an incredible ride and alot ground clearance, but it is heavy.