Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

bodatiouskid

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 450 - Drive Belt

there is a minor adjustment you can try ... there is a slotted head around a nut on the backside of motor, probably on right side sitting on bike, not sure what way tightens ,,, but it may help ...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By oldcomet
      Morning Folks
      Ok so I have taken the front hubs apart everything is good and working fluids changed and full In 2 wheel drive the bike works great However in 4 wheel drive high I get a grinding clunking noise right near the foot pegs The universals are all brand new in the complete bike The problem just started after my last ride Sometimes I have to change the rpm to get the bike to go into gear in forward and reverse The bike doesn't make the grinding noise when I have the bike in 4 wheel driver low gear only in high gear Could the shifter need adjusting any help would be great Thanks for your time
      Oldcomet
    • By toonces
      New to ATVing here and just got a '11 Grizz with the belt drive transmission and I've been suggested to take along an extra CVT belt along in remote rides just in case. I'm somewhat knowledgeable about where to get quality parts for cars but not so much for ATVs. Who makes the best CVT belt for my bike? Also, who makes just ok belts and who should I stay away from?
      Also, I'm looking at getting a snatch block for a synthetic rope winch and wondered if the type rope determines what type of block you should get...or are all snatch blocks the same and I'm just thinking about this one too much?
      Thanks
    • By Tivy
      My boot on the drive shaft came off this weekend. When I tried to put it back on it appeared to be about 2" too large. Any explanations????
      Also when the boot cam off, there was oil in the boot. Is this normal???
      Thanks for your help.
    • By deanpeddle
      hi - a friend of mine has a 2004 Honda Foreman 450. His machine will move in 4-wheel drive but not when in 2-wheel drive. WHen he uses 4-wheel drive to start moving, he can then turn off 4-wheel and quad keeps moving. Whats wrong?
    • By empire519
      Hi i have a 94 Timberwolf 4x4.
      I got it at the beginning of the summer and it ran great all summer apart for an idling issue.
      I looked into it and i had oil in my air box and when i checked the dip stick it looks like it was overfllled.
      I took some oil out of the motor jumped on the bike and put it in gear.. nothing.. it runs great but wont drive. i tried it again off the bike and it drove a few feet but once i gave it any kind of power it would act like it was in neutral even though i know it wasnt. i tried cycling the gears and in reverse but i wasnt getting anywhere. it acts like it is going into gear and cycling through them but i cant get power to the wheels. i tried taking more oil out of it and adding new oil to the bike and it seemed to make it feel like it was shifting into drive or reverse easier but it still wont drive..
      i talked to the guy that does small engine work in my town (although he is always booked up for 3 months at a time) so i didnt bring it in yet but he said something about some locking pin that seems to break on these models that would actually keep it from engaging into gear.. its located on the inside of the lever that you push forward for drive or backwards for reverse (i think this may not be the problem since i did have it moving somewat with no weight on the bike).
      any ideas?