Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Steve1266

2004 Suzuki z400

I went out to ride my quad today. When I started it up it ran for a minute, then died. Since then it will turn over but won't start. I've check the spark plug and get great fire. I have had this quad for about 6 months, and very new to breaking it down. But need help. Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Wolds Alpacas
      Hello - I have just had delivered my 2004 registered King Quad 300.
      The gear change is pretty fierce.  Pretty hard to get into gear from neutral on the foot pedal and when I select reverse on the hand lever, it jumps into reverse with a hell of a kick.
      I am waiting for a service manual to arrive, but in the meantime, has anyone any suggestions please?
      Thank you.
    • By bradley nelson
      Im cool with the police in my area so i can ride on public roads.
    • By Nick Martini
      Hello all, 
      I haven't had a dirt bike or ATV for years, but a buddy of mine just picked up a raptor 700 and makes me want to get back into the sport. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck utility quad that can go in snow, but also hit some small jumps and trail ride. It would mostly be used for light trail riding; not really any mud holes or jumps around me (Bristol, Massachusetts). My last bike was a 2004 yz125 2 stroke and it was a pain. Every other ride I was doing something to the bike. I'm looking for a utility quad that I can ride for a month without having to touch it. I've done a bit of research so far and it seems like my best bet would be ~2014 Yamaha grizzly 700 with ~1000 miles for about $5,000. I'd love some more opinions from people who are more knowledgeable about the sport. I'm looking to stay around that $5,000 range. Also, there's no trails around me to go more than 40 or 50mph so I'm not too worried about keeping up with the 700.

Thanks,
      Nick
    • By bradleyheathhays
      Bought an '11 Vic with the 4.6L back in June and a few months back I tried to change out the plugs. All came out ok except for cyl 4 which only cranked out 1/4 turn. Had a shop take it out and they said they had to redo the threads. I've seen videos where you can remove a stuck plug by drilling into it somehow, but because this was in the 4 position and hard to get to I'm guessing they just power cranked it out. Not sure but I'm guessing those threads are compromised now.

Well, this past weekend that same plug blew out of cyl 4. Inspection reveals a coil and boot jammed up underneath the fuel rail and a plug that I fished out without any turning. When I go to install a new plug it just sits on top of the threads and turns without going in. So I guess what's happened is that the plug rotated most of the way out but when it got to the last couple threads the compression blew it out the rest of the way, and that it's just the top few threads in the hole that are damaged. Inspection of the plug reveals that most of the threads are intact except for the 2-3 that are closest to the element.

So my question is...should I try to fix this myself or just take it to a shop? Some kind of tap tool would probably fix it, but since it's the beginning threads that are boogered it'd probably have to start from the inside of the cylinder. I really don't have a clue as to how to approach this.
    • By IdahoQuad
      Hello from Buhl, Idaho (near Twin Falls). I typically ride at least once a week in the Southern Idaho/Northern Nevada area. Also like to ride in Colorado, Utah (especially Moab), Montana and Wyoming. I currently ride a 2013 Yamaha Grizzly 550. Anybody want to ride in Southern Idaho/Northern Nevada area look me up. I know these areas very well. I've also done a lot of dirt bike riding and 4X4 (Jeep) in the above listed areas over the last 15 years.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By LTZ-Zach
      So i was riding the other day and my quad randomly shut off. It started back up and ran completely fine for a little while and then it started idling terribly.
      I cleaned the carb and changed all the jets and everything except the float due to the rebuild kit not coming with one and it actually runs worse then it did before.
      It will run and idle decent now but when I give it gas it dies.
      Does anybody know what could be wrong?
      I also changed the spark plug and air filter along with the oil and oil filter.

• By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By Cobra_GT
      What’s up fellows I am looking for some heads for z400 motors or the whole motors themselves. Also I am looking for Keihin FCR carburetors in 39mm and or preferably the 41mm is what I would prefer. The newer the better I hate to price a new casting of that head from the dealer. Please hit me back in the thread or pm me if you can help me. I need to build a motor to beat a Banshee. All offers will be considered. Thanks for your attention in the matter. Peace.
    • By Cobra_GT
      i am buying a z400 and am wondering what smooth bore carburetor you guys are running for performance on this quad. Flat or round slide and what size. i would like to get that cv carburetor off of there for performance, thanks. peace.
      ct