Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Andrew520

1998 Big Bear 350 Carburetor Difference 2x4 vs 4x4

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the carburetors in the 2x4 vs the 4x4 models of a 1998 Big Bear 350?  I was going to purchase this carb off eBay 1997-1998-Yamaha-Big-Bear-350-Carburetor-YFM-350-2x4-Carb-ATV-YFM350 but it says only 2x4 models.

I don't see why the carbs would be any different but mine is a 4X4 so I don't want to put the wrong carb on.

The same seller is showing what looks like the  same  carb,  advertised as  good for  both the   2x4  and 4x4, and at the same price.  My  guess would be  the one    shown  in  your link  may have  jets optimized  for  the   2x4  model  and possibly   would result in a  lean  burn  for the  4x4 which  may  require  a  little richer  mixture for the  extra power demand of   4x4 .

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

Yeah it looked the same to me too but they advertise it as a 87-96 only where is mine is a 98.  I don't see the difference other than what you said about the jetting may be different on a 4x4 carb.

On 3/5/2017 at 3:13 PM, davefrombc said:

The same seller is showing what looks like the  same  carb,  advertised as  good for  both the   2x4  and 4x4, and at the same price.  My  guess would be  the one    shown  in  your link  may have  jets optimized  for  the   2x4  model  and possibly   would result in a  lean  burn  for the  4x4 which  may  require  a  little richer  mixture for the  extra power demand of   4x4 .

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

I have. 2003 Honda 400ex motor for sale 1100 I don't no how to post can anyone help

I don't no how to post if someone can post this message for me please. I have a Honda 400ex motor for sale it's a 2003 with low hours my number is 7063472164. Call chris  $1.200obo

Edited by Lillie Monroe