Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Sign in to follow this  
StolenATV

STOLEN ATV: STOLEN YAMAHA YXZ

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Wesley Floyd
      Hey guys, Thanks for looking at my post. I haven't had a lot of experience with problems like this before, so I'm a little bit at a loss. The Quad was really hard to shift, (the dirty carb leaking gas making it idle high didn't help either). The only Idea I have would be is that the torsion spring is worn out, and that there is a normal parameter for how much it should move when those two arms of the shift shaft assembly spread apart.  That's my thought. Maybe someone who has more knowledge then me can let me know if i'm on the right track 😀

• By 4tracker
      Got some great areas, up north here, in my state, that I'v found/stumbled up on, around there, over the years, exploring on my own, since 86, that I'm willing to share with anyone interested, even if you've ridden there before, and might have overlooked some of the best, rugged hill climbs, and heavily wooded trail cliffs, steep hill climb adventures in the state, hidden just out of site/view! The main reason for my many trips there, was to explore for these hidden gems, and the overwhelming excitement, after coming across them, where if someone had shown these areas to me, it wouldn't have had the same thrill/excitement as finding them on my own! 
      For just $2000 I can show you and your friends these same wonderful area too....just kidding....no charge lol free to anyone willing to take the challenge, not for everyone, or your occasional passive/cautious trackers! Definitely need a larger motor, grunt machine or UTV with plenty of ground clearance, where I barely make it through some times, with my 750, 4x4 w/ 12'' ground clearance! 
      Get with me for more info, and lets plan a trip as soon as weather improves.
      Thanks, Steve
    • By Alan Callison
      OK everybody,I need some help here please. My 4 wheeler has got a bad wheel bearing I discovered while starting a brake job. Its on the left side. I've never done one and I need some knowledge how to go about it. Am I to understand I need to pull the whole axle out to do it. I've done it once on a car about 30 years ago,lol. I keep looking around for a repair manual but they're hard to find without having to buy it. I looked here on this site but apparently Im too junior a member to be able to download one right now.Bummer!  One other question if I may.When I pulled the drum off the spindle a torrent of water poured out,the brake shoes were covered in mud along with everything else. I mean the drum had alot of water in it. The shoes were so locked up after I removed the springs I tried to rotate one of the shoes and it wasn't easy at all. I noticed whoever had the machine before myself had laid a bead of RTV around the back plate but apparently it didn't work. Isn't there some kind of gasket for this purpose. I saw it calls for a dust shield but surely this wont keep the brakes dry or will it. Thanks everybody.
    • By Wolds Alpacas
      I have a Yamaha YFM225 which sounds really noisy exhaust wise.  It had no baffle so I bought and installed that but it seemed to make no difference.  There are no leaks from the manifold or exhaust but the damm thing just sounds  so loud !
    • By Rick Shropshire
      Here's some pics from within the last month. Rather than build a frame and body from scratch, I drove to Kansas and bought a rust bucket G2 for $40 minus batteries. I've since cut it up in prep for the 1100cc v-twin shaft drive engine. I've included a picture of the of the latest mock-up. Im extending the frame and wheel base 12 more inches and widening the body by 12 more inches as well. I have on order a right side axle shaft and housing for the left side of my ATV rear end. This will widen the axle by about 12 inches. I will be eliminating the front  a-arms and replacing with straight pipe from knuckle to knuckle. I'll post more as it progresses.