Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

dillegm

New CForce400s

Hi all,

I just joined the forum. I just recently purchased a 2016 Cforce 400 from a local dealer. I was apprehensive at first, mainly because of the typical "Chinese brands are cheap" narrative, but I love this quad. I also picked up a Cycle Country plow and a few extras from eBay.

So far I am enjoying this quad and I believe it's one of the best deals you can find (if not THE best).

6e6305284720705cc676a11ff306d572.jpgdfa95d3edc8c5915955c1b3535d96cc3.jpg

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The brand is 25 years old. Back a few years ago when Chinese brands started making their way to the US, there was about 40 manufacturers and pretty much all of them were junk, like mosr are now. CFMoto was the only Chinese manufacturer to actually make good stuff and scored a few wins in Europe to sell their bikes. Since then they have become extremely popular in Europe and Australia and now in Canada.
Starting in 2016 they decided to use "penetration pricing" to enter the United States Market and more of the Canadian market. They succeeded and now many dealers sell and service their products. I heard of them because of my local dealer bought a large shipment of them and saw their UTV's are unbelievably awesome.
DirtTrax says they have turned the "Big Seven" manufacturers into the "Big Eight" manufacturers.
They basically model themselves after Polaris machines and aim to compete directly with them in each category.
So the Sportsman 450 is $2500 more than the Cforce 400s, but the 400s has more HP, more standard features and you save a bundle.
The only reason I know all this is because I was sceptical as hell when I started shipping around but was eventually sold after riding one right after test driving a Polaris and CanAm machine.
My only regret is not buying the 500HO instead lol

The Cforce 400s starts at $4100 for the 2017 model. I saved $550 by getting an unused 2016 leftover.

For what it's worth, since March my 2 local dealers can't keep these in stock. I had to basically talk the salesman into not selling to another guy who was on the fence before me.

It rides amazing. It has a CVTech clutch made in a Canada, which are great clutches. The suspension is also made in Canada and is pretty great. I haven't had a bad experience yet.
The only con I could come up with is the steering isn't power steering, so when coupled with technical off road riding it can become tiring on your arms. Power Steering is an option on all their models but like I said, I bought a 2016 leftover without P.S.

It has a pretty impressive spec sheet.
CVTech clutch
2" receiver
Double A-arm suspension with coilovers
Digital dashboard
Push button 2&4 wheel drive
Push button locking differential
High/low/neutral/reverse/Park
Engine break
On road lighting package
Yausa AGM sealed battery about twice the size of normal ATV batteries

All of the above is standard stock features. Pretty nice.

The 400 is the smallest machine they offer and if you want to blow your mind you should check out their larger ATVs and UTVs. They are freaking insane. Anyway, I'm sold. I've ridden Polaris my whole life (never owned) and I thought I was a Polaris guy until these guys showed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just bought their cf 800 and this machine has OMG power com paired it to the polaris and it was 3000.00 cheaper but has all the options polaris has but you have to pay for on the polaris

I test drove one and it felt very stiff and hard to turn.  Wide turn radius too.  The power steering models seem much better.

After one and a half years, my 400s is still still in like new condition. It has a few scratches here and there from trail riding, but nothing large. I'm putting a plow on it this year. 

I've had two issues with this quad that I'd like to share with any likely buyers. These issues have been acknowledged by CFMoto so I doubt they will continue past 2017. 

1. Air box recall kit and warping. 

There is a recall kit available for the 400 because of oil blowing back through a breather tube into the air box. Also, on my machine, the air box warped so bad I couldn't seal it. Your dealer can fix both of these free of charge. 

2. Radiator Thermoswitch 

A known issue and likely fixed problem with most models thermoswitches caused then to fail and cause machines to overheat when the fan no longer worked. Easy fix. 

IMG_0765.JPG

Just bought a 2018 500 this fall and am quite impressed.  I have a 1/2 mile long driveway with a 300' elevation rise, and this rig plows it  effortlessly. As others have said, it's around 3 grand cheaper that the "name brands" I looked at.

12-3-18 First snowplowing day.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.