Lph008

2005 sportsman 800 efi issues

Recently picked up  a 2005 sportsman  800 efi. The issue it had when I bought it was really low idle and rpms wouldn't go over 4k. Top speed was only 30 mph and basically had no torque. 

What I found when I tore into it was.  Throttle  position  sensor wires were broken. So I replaced the tps sensor and calibrated it, also I spliced in the upgraded obt  harness for the tbap sensor and also replaced tbat sensor.  It now idles almost perfect,  still surges once in awhile.  

I also changed all fluids, replaced belt, clutch buttons seem to be good and also the clutch rollers. But I still have the same issue it has no power/torque. Rpms are currently hitting over 6k but it won't go over 30mph, acts as if that's the most it has lol

Any help is appreciated 

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

It sounds to me like it's not moving into a higher gear ration, shifting issue. I'm not too familiar with the sportsman but if there is a high rev and low speed, looks like its in a lower gear. I'm assuming it's electronic shift and you have it in "H".  Maybe there is a shift sensor?

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.