Quantcast

Boulder City, NV (near Vegas)

I absolutely LOVE this track!! Well tracks. There is more than one there. I was wondering if anyone else here has riden there? I dont have any pics of myself riding there yet but Im gonna make my husband take some the next time we go. There are 4 tracks there including a pee wee track for the kiddies. One guy from this site came up to me at the track last weekend I forgot his name (SORRY) but hey atleast im not the only one here that knows about it. Here is a link to check what they have. :hurrayc: :elefant:

Boulder City Motocross

A lot of my friends from the 702sportbikes forum that ride dirt bikes ride there on a weekly basis. They say it is fantastic. They said to start on the vet track and then go to the national track and none of them will ride the arena cross track (jumps to big). I have not been there yet. I am not much of a track rider (love the trails) and I don't jump very well. I will be going there soon but I will probably take a motorcycle not my quad (quad set up for desert racing).

I love tracks! Gotta admit i like the trails too every now and then though. Im still on the vet track. I rolled the national track towards the end of the day when there werent many people there but im not ready for that one yet. :unsure: Ive only seen a few bikes on the arena cross track. Havent seen any quads ride that one. Dont think its really quad material. If your ever there and see me out there stop me and say hi.

Just a quick report on the day at the track.

The track was very wet first thing in the morning (over watered). About 2 hours into riding the track got tacky in most spots and there were lines starting to form. I could not help but notice that I sucked! It seemed that no matter how many times that I went around the track my balls got smaller instead of getting bigger. I looked at the double so many times and I know I can do it I just could not get up the nerve so I will take home the wimp award for the day. The highlight of my day was when a kid on a KTM 65 passed me up and then proceeded to roost me. That kid is going to do well racing! One of the guys (can’t remember name) over shot the table top and flat landed and hurt his wrist. 100_0420-1.jpg

I sat there trying to calculate the height that you would be if you jumped and flat landed and as near as I can figure it that would be about 30’ high. Drop off a ledge 30’ high and It should hurt! I rode mostly the vet track. The group did go onto the national track but we just looked like tourist! 100_0419-1.jpg

I did have fun banging bars with Charlie on the national track for a few laps today. I have never taken one of my quads on a track before and today reminded me as to why. 100_0413.jpg

I never did get on the arenacross track but I was so out of place everywhere else so I thought there was enough humiliation already without going there. It was a pretty fun experience. Charlie was jumping the double at the end and Trevor made it look easy. Robbie tore it up. Paul was having the same problem I was with the double. th_100_0421.jpg

Ok, next time I will take off the training wheels when I ride. Thanks for the ride guys!

You can find all of the pictures and videos here: ybracing/01-25-08 Ride - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What day did you go? You gotta go on Saturday! Which one is you in the pictures so if I see you out there I know who you are? It seems like just lately they have been over watering the track. It sucks. I dont know why.

I went on a Friday because that's when the 702 guys have elected to be their day on the track. They tell me that it has 1/4 the people on the track on Fridays as opposed to Saturday or Sunday. I will be going back because I could tell the difference in how I was hitting obstacles after the track work. I rode in a MRAN race the Sunday after riding the track (mud fest) 100_0441.jpg

and I could really see the difference. I have never really jumped the quad before and found it to be less scary then the motorcycle. I need more practice!

I am the ugly old man in the white and red in the first picture and I drive a black SS with a Best in the Desert sticker in the rear window.

• 3 weeks later...

Grrrr!!!!!!!! :realmad: The quads only get to ride from 1 to 4 now!!! :mad: Im sooo freakin angry!!! I sent a few messages to their myspace page about it and they told me its because of "SAFETY"! How in the world is it suppose to be because of safety when the bike still get to ride when the quads do?!? Doesnt make ANY sense to me!!! So im gonna talk to them this Saturday when I go. Cuz thats bull!!!

• 1 month later...