Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!
Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.
Have a 2004 sportsman 500 HO , was working fine, decided to attach a trickle charger(the correct way) onto a newer battery, after a couple of weeks went to start it and no power to speedometer nor would start, but could turn lights on from switches. I put battery charger on and said fully charged. Disconnected positive led from battery and reconnected them, seemed to correct problem, ran the machine for a while then shut it off, and same problem started again,(did not disconnect battery again, but charger said full and lights would work)Any thoughts on where I should go from here?
I've got an 03 Prairie 360 4x4 that needs a left front ball joint and knuckle assembly. On the diagram (from PartShark - https://www.partshark.com/oemparts/a/kaw/50a852a0f870021a9c423c20/suspension ) they show the ball joint as a part of the knuckle assembly, extending down into the lower a-arm and held on with a nut. On the four wheeler I have, the ball joint is pressed into the lower a-arm and extends upwards into the knuckle assembly and is held in place with a bolt going horizontally, clamping the ball joint in place.
Any idea on why the diagram is different and how I can find the actual parts I need?
It’s been a year of swapping and fixing and swapping and fixing and swapping….
Last year I bought a KFX80 mouse condominium for $500,
fixed it and swapped for a Blaster,
fixed that and swapped for a LT230s,
straightened that out and swapped for an ‘07 KX 85,
cleaned THAT up and traded it for a clapped out LTZ400 with OMF bead locks, ELKA shocks, HotCams, ProTaper bars,
and a serious case of “PO had no clue what they were doing”.
I recently posted about finishing up that LT160/230,
well almost finished - timing was off for some reason, but before I could get it figured out I found someone to swap it with for a 94 XR200R with a strange ticking in the head.
Replaced it’s timing chain and guides, re-tensioned, popped out the valves and cleaned them all up, all back together and the ticking persists. Flipping thru the Clymer manual that came with it I found a stacked head gasket tucked inside. And saw a green paper one on the bike. 💡
So anyway, I traded it to someone more inclined toward two-wheeled adventures for an awfully clapped out DVX400 with a lot of Alba’s finest red anodized aluminum ding dongs all over it. And a Houser chromoly stem! AND a big bore kit (JE Piston).
PO couldn’t get it to run, which turned out to be a combination of 4 stripped threads in the cam journals, and a “twist n’ tape” job on the damn stator wires. 😳😝🤣
After a few weeks of wrenching and part swapping and fixing and sweating and swearing and parting out - I nearly have a drivable quad… and a pretty damned nice one for my tastes at least.
Thinking about sinking a few hundred Kold Kutters into this extra set of tires and having a go at the ice this winter
Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.