Quantcast

2002 quad master 500 won’t stay idle

Hi I have a 2002 quad master 500 that will start but won’t just idle.  It also seems to have a leak if some kind underneath.  I’m not that good with these since I’m not a mechanic and I’m trying to sell it, so I want it to be running ok prior.  Would you know what I can do to at least get it running ok to sell and what it could be leaking.  Please help!

Welcome to QUADCRAZY! 

What color is whatever is leaking and can you post a picture? it' probably oil, but you'll need to see where it's coming from.

There are many reason why a quad will not stay idling. Is the choke working correctly? That would be my first guess.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By ethie
      Hi All
      I have a 2012 Coleman 500 Outfitter that keeps fouling out the plug within 10-15 minutes 
      not sure where to start
    • By Mhatayas
      What should I do about this , bad oil leak where the filter cover bolts on . Can I use some gasket maker 

• By rgeiser
      View File 2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      Submitter rgeiser Submitted 04/18/2024 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By N00bie
      From Arkansas. Just bought a 2012 Gator 850i RSX because I could not pass up the price. BUT it has an idle problem. So, to be honest, I joined just to get a service manual. I have a choice: 1)Buy a hard copy: ~$100; 2)Buy a CD ~$35.00; Get a direct download for free posting 10 times; or get a download for $29.00 (subscription). Haven't decided what to do yet.
    • By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????