Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Brett selinsky

2000 Honda foreman won't shift. Manual tranny. Not ES

Have a 2000 foreman manual tranny that won't shift out of neutral. Tried everything. Runs great but all of the sudden it won't shift at all.  It's not an ES. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated !  Thanks

Does rocking the bike back and forth work to let it shift? Try adjusting the clutch first and see if that helps. If not then it might be a different clutch issue, gears in the transmission binding, locking up, or even fusing. If not that then your shift drum/forks are most likely worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes tried rocking it b and f. No luck. Would the clutch make it not shift to another gear. The numeral light won't even turn off

Has the transmission/ engine been disassembled or rebuilt before this issue arised?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shift shaft runs through the motor to a shift drum there is a spring on it   if the shifter moves up and down easily but doesn't try to shift more than likely its the small spring  

Saw one recently with this condition. How difficult is it to get to the spring?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Check clutch cable also to make sure it is disengaging clutch.