Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Stephen Daugherty

Problem with z400

I'm joining to get help and opinions on my z... I just had the entire bottom end and carb rebuilt new rings and plug rose it maybe 4 hours and on the way home it backfired and blew the carb boot from the head and now it won't start? Getting fuel and fire but when I check the plug its covered in fuel? I've checked time and clearance everything seems to be fine? Just cant figure it out?

It's to rich A backfire thru the carb is to much fuel. Did you rejet? Clean the carb? Adjust the air fuel mixture. How did it run before this work

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By donerightautomotive84
      Ok so 2000 sportsman new.caltric carb new fuel pump new jug and piston new cdi and coil finally get to start it and itll idep for 5 to 10 seconds and die what am i missing people any help id love ya forever lol
      Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    • By Brock Kincaid
      Ok so just picked up an 02 ds 650 and the guy said he couldn't get it to start. He had a shop put new shims in it and I had them checked and they were ok now things I've done is new plugs even though guy had just put new plugs in it.. got new carb 42mm just like the one that was on it.. bought new intake manifold because the one that was on it someone got way to tweaked out and ported the shit out of it excuse my language but yeah so installed new intake manifold and it just won't start like its not getting enough fuel.  Timing seems to be right it does fire every now and again but just barely.. did a compression test today and it was at 90psi.. i know thats low but don't know where I'm losing compression.. valves we at .06 and .07 when checked im lost ive tried everything I know and can't figure it out
    • By Brent Wright
      What's a good size to start a 10 year old on?
    • By Dskip160
      Hey there! New guy here! So I bought an 87 250. I turn the key and it has ignition light. I press run and the engine turns over. Guy I bought it from said the carbs may need cleaning, I worked them good cleaned and blown out. I reinstalled the carb and still doing the same thing. It’s getting fuel, the battery is brand new and charged I’m lost here!( purchased a new carb on its way) anyone have any ideas

• By JustRandy
      After looking at the wire diagram I saw the blue w/black stripe wire is coming from the neutral and reverse lights looking for ground thru the neutral and reverse switches. If it finds ground, the lights come on. The same wire also comes from the neutral relay looking for ground at the same neutral and reverse switches. So it was easy to trick the relay into thinking the engine is in neutral all the time without having the light on all the time. Just cut the blue w/black wire at the relay and ground it. Easy
      Sorry the pics aren't better

Now it starts in any gear and indicator lights work as they should.