Quantcast

Finally a fresh new 400 two stroke motor in a 1995 Polaris scrambler

Bobby Belmain

I bought a 1995 Polaris scrambler 400l 4x4 out from under a pine tree here in northern Maine the only action it seen was a plow truck hit it twice in 9 years when I got it home I tore it down the starter and rewind was full of rusty mud cleaned the carburetor put a new plug 3.2 ounce bc oil gear case oil mustard bottle shot of gas in the cylinder wrapped a rope around the clutch and pulled wow sled motor right got about 20 hours of pure full throttle fun then I buried it in a little place we call fiddlehead run black mud that I swear locked up the tires on a Kawasaki brute and snapped a shaft I flew across the top anyways long story even longer I killed crank bearings complete engine rebuilt in my or I should say my wife's living room it was hard on her now its fleshly installed I ported and polished it new everything inside I want to out drag raptor 700's I hate guys that can't change a plug I want to keep the 4x4 but alot of weight also sprockets what's the best combination and my main jet should I change it and I want to know if I can add a nitrous kit to it does anyone know if it will take down a raptor 700 if not I'm gonna put an xc700 shortblock sled motor in it 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By rgeiser
      View File 2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      Submitter rgeiser Submitted 04/18/2024 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By McG75
      Hello I’m new here and was wondering is anyone knew of good replacement part numbers for front struts and rear shocks for this atv? I think I’ve found a new rear shock, that looks like the original but there is no dimensions or anything and was wondering if there are any afterMarket new front struts available. I know it’s a long shot but any help would be appreciated. 
    • By dalton7545
      ive had an account for years.   cand dowload a manual tho   havent posted enought so here is a post
    • By p5200
      Hello, what is the best method for installing bearings into their race? I've set one in place and tapped it down until it was metal on metal. Is that sufficient? Surely it's not supposed to go into the race until flush? Also. does the coil spring on the seal go into carrier bearing housing not facing out? Thanks! 🙂 Seal goes in until flush correct?
    • By p5200
      Hello, would this be a good Master Link tool for pressing master link plate back on? I've seen others made of aluminum but thought this one might hold up better. Thanks! 🙂 
      https://www.amazon.com/BARTOO-Motorcycle-Convenient-pressing-Alignment/dp/B0C4FB1V7D/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1KRW04WLD82EI&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.4Y2_vOEctIVv0vgmajSYXL844RphCjGBrMsiewv7Z1sVIMYMM5OQNBL0cXeHLmUDsnKMO5JffQPEP8vl4xuxCUczEfKGgw4r-MYmLgCzydGm9sHnK8hX7o1AqXunVpgpR8RrfQ8noUmfLyoxTqUcrl9tj82jDWeB5CL1rifd--ufsiyaWkBl4omd_1qyx7a97BvOTogpK40NTm9BfKjSt2H5mXrjEnhEOcxSYxUHiRx61KbfDBaA8B9CvwQjM3qGIf4Ay1zWxxPURTnX5qjhddcAADez5JNCFVrUYeLE-7M.sFaeyu09Q7O8v9B0NPjaDYDuHqVqE4uyxspDEpxBs6U&dib_tag=se&keywords=chain+press+tool+for+polaris+500+scrambler&qid=1709916341&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sprefix=chain+press+tool+for+polaris+500+scrambler%2Caps%2C198&sr=8-3