Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!
As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery. Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.
I bought a 2003 Recon from a kid that beat it – all plastics cracked etc, When I replaced the rear brake the inside – axle, rear oil - were clean and in good shape, so I think Honda won the kid vs quad battle.
It shifts a little clunky (I made the adjustment) and after riding for a while I get a hot friction material smell I wonder if he used the wrong oil and if any damage was done.
It appears that the Service Manual thread at top of forum is dead as all the links no longer work. I'm actually looking for service manual for a 2000 KVF300 Prairie that I just picked up. Does anybody have link to one that they can share, or know where I can find one? Thanks in advance for any help.
By colin james
View File 2006 Polaris Sawtooth 200 & Phoenix 200 Service Manual
This is the service manual for 2006 Polaris Sawtooth 200 & Phoenix 200 ATVs. Download all the chapters for the complete manual.
Submitter colin james Submitted 11/25/2018 Category Polaris ATV
Couple of quick points:
1. the Odyssey, or FL350R. This was 30 years ahead of it's time. Fast as greased owl crap, reliable, stupid fun. Never took off. Fast forward to the RAZR which was just replicating the FL350R. What would Honda have done with it if it took off in '85?
2. Everything about the ATC. Reliable, good power for small displacement, easy to work on, simple front to back, still running 30 years later. My son's 185s is 36 years old and outran a 400 Big Bear the other day until it ran out of gearing and the Big Bear caught it around 50 mph. I can dig a 110 out of the weeds and as long as it has a little compression, I'll make it run in 2 days for about $20. Can't do that with a Yamaha 225.
3, 1981 250R. What happens if you stick a CR250 2 stroke in a trike? Yeah, a death machine. Then by '85 the 250R had a 6 speed and would do 70 from the factory. Death Machine +2. The 250R gave birth to the trike racing circuit.
4. The ATC 70. Small, quiet and reliable. Just never took off. Gave birth to the entire small displacement chinese quad market.
5. 82 200ES - first Big Red. The BR single handedly created the UTV market as we see it today in the Ranger, Mule, etc.
6. The ENTIRE chinese quad market in front of us today came from expired Honda patents from the 80's.
7. 300 fourtrax. By far the most coveted 4x4 in the market right now, absolutely indestructible. Pick one up a couple of years old, stick massive wheels and tires on it, and you have a mud machine. Kinda like the Polaris or Can Am...but reliable. And cheap.
To be fair, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawa, all picked their game up along the way and make good ATV's. I'll leave the Polaris/CanAm discussion for another day. While Polaris gave birth to the automatic, the reliability issues of both still exist today. While great ATV's, I don't consider them any more than specialty machines.
or debate...whichever is easier.
I am in need of a manual for my KLF 300 Bayou 4x2 . I've found others on here for the 4x4 model, but was wondering if I need a separate 4x2 manual. Does anyone know?
Similar Tagged Content
Long story short, I purchased an 86 or 87 ( the last year made) 250sx aTC about 5 years ago. It was in pretty good original condition. A friend helped me clean the tank, carb etc and it started right up. I drove it around a few times and that was about that. It is located in Northern California at a friend’s place and I reside in southern Ca about 500 miles away.
I’m debating going up and retrieving it but I kind of have too many projects to really enjoy it. My rebuild on my 64 Land Rover is gonna tank space and priority.
i was wondering approx value of it as well as if it’s worth transporting down to Southern Ca for a larger market/better price?? If I remember correctly, everything is in pretty good shape, may need new toilets soon.
thoughts ? I appreciate the input.
By Maggie Hall
View File 1985 Kawasaki KXT250 Tecate ATC Service Manual Supplement
1985 Kawasaki KXT250 Tecate ATC Service Manual Supplement
Submitter Maggie Hall Submitted 11/26/2018 Category Kawasaki ATV
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.