Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!
As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery. Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.
I bought a 2003 Recon from a kid that beat it – all plastics cracked etc, When I replaced the rear brake the inside – axle, rear oil - were clean and in good shape, so I think Honda won the kid vs quad battle.
It shifts a little clunky (I made the adjustment) and after riding for a while I get a hot friction material smell I wonder if he used the wrong oil and if any damage was done.
It appears that the Service Manual thread at top of forum is dead as all the links no longer work. I'm actually looking for service manual for a 2000 KVF300 Prairie that I just picked up. Does anybody have link to one that they can share, or know where I can find one? Thanks in advance for any help.
By colin james
View File 2006 Polaris Sawtooth 200 & Phoenix 200 Service Manual
This is the service manual for 2006 Polaris Sawtooth 200 & Phoenix 200 ATVs. Download all the chapters for the complete manual.
Submitter colin james Submitted 11/25/2018 Category Polaris ATV
Couple of quick points:
1. the Odyssey, or FL350R. This was 30 years ahead of it's time. Fast as greased owl crap, reliable, stupid fun. Never took off. Fast forward to the RAZR which was just replicating the FL350R. What would Honda have done with it if it took off in '85?
2. Everything about the ATC. Reliable, good power for small displacement, easy to work on, simple front to back, still running 30 years later. My son's 185s is 36 years old and outran a 400 Big Bear the other day until it ran out of gearing and the Big Bear caught it around 50 mph. I can dig a 110 out of the weeds and as long as it has a little compression, I'll make it run in 2 days for about $20. Can't do that with a Yamaha 225.
3, 1981 250R. What happens if you stick a CR250 2 stroke in a trike? Yeah, a death machine. Then by '85 the 250R had a 6 speed and would do 70 from the factory. Death Machine +2. The 250R gave birth to the trike racing circuit.
4. The ATC 70. Small, quiet and reliable. Just never took off. Gave birth to the entire small displacement chinese quad market.
5. 82 200ES - first Big Red. The BR single handedly created the UTV market as we see it today in the Ranger, Mule, etc.
6. The ENTIRE chinese quad market in front of us today came from expired Honda patents from the 80's.
7. 300 fourtrax. By far the most coveted 4x4 in the market right now, absolutely indestructible. Pick one up a couple of years old, stick massive wheels and tires on it, and you have a mud machine. Kinda like the Polaris or Can Am...but reliable. And cheap.
To be fair, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawa, all picked their game up along the way and make good ATV's. I'll leave the Polaris/CanAm discussion for another day. While Polaris gave birth to the automatic, the reliability issues of both still exist today. While great ATV's, I don't consider them any more than specialty machines.
or debate...whichever is easier.
I am in need of a manual for my KLF 300 Bayou 4x2 . I've found others on here for the 4x4 model, but was wondering if I need a separate 4x2 manual. Does anyone know?
Similar Tagged Content
By johnnie Cooper
I have a 2005 honda trx 300ex sportrax. I pulled the welded together crap of an exhaust that's on my quad I just picked up and the valve is ghost white. Do you guys no what exactly this means? Or do I just need to pull the head and rebuild it? I'm also looking for plastics and a cheaper stock exhaust if anyone has one. Thanks for your time.
By Maggie Hall
2007 2008 2009 Honda 300ex Service Repair Manual Trx300X Trx300EX ATV
By Ashley Bell
I have a 2005 Honda 300EX that won't start. I've changed the starter and I've changed the solenoid. When I try to push start it the back wheels skid, it's a manual. I've charged the battery and I've done the screwdriver trick with the solenoid that won't start it. It tries to crank but it won't turn over.
I was out riding for about an hour or two and then it quit on me. Before I went riding I change the air filter and I change the oil.
Heeeeelp. Suggestions? I'm learning all of this info myself from forums. Thanks.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.