Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

johncb

2006 Can-Am Outlander Max 400 Oil leak After Oil Change

I had the local garage change the oil and filter in my machine and ever since they changed it there has been an oil leak. Taken it back several times and they can't figure out the problem.

• Sad 1

ARE YOU SURE IT IS ENGINE OIL? COULD BE COMING OUT OF CRUSH WASHER. HOPE THEY DID THE OIL CHANGE CORRECTLY BY WARMING MACHINE FIRST OR THE PROB OVER SERVICED IT AND IT IS SPILLING OUT THE OVER FLOW

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Shannon Battles
      I just got a used kawasaki bayou 250 and oil is leaking around exhaust stud are there any quick affordable fixes
    • By Airborne
      Hey guys been member for awhile and love this group ,kind of lost contact with social media ,i have been so busy working my property and just Racing the calender while winter is creeping in , i even slacked off Fly fishing this season , 
      As we know winter sets in and time becomes available lol, i have plenty of silly “ Quad stories to share as well as just missing the guys here great group , looking forward to winter break and tying some flys lol.     
    • By Ed Morris
      I have a 2001 Quadmaster. Bought it from the original Owner. Its in Excellent condition for a 2001. The guy said there was a carb problem when I bought it. It seems like it is not getting fuel. I took off the tank, cleaned it, replaced the gas with fresh Gas, Installed a New Gas Valve. Then rebuilt the carb with a Carb Kit. Started it up and same damn thing, seems like its starving for gas. It will also backfire out the exhaust while trying to accelerate. Now the weird part. I started it the other day and it ran great. We went for a ride and it ran as if nothing was wrong with it. Started it the next day and back to running crappy again. I was like WTF !!! ... Anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be?
    • By JimandJacki Cariolano
      Hello to the group, I am working on a 96 timber wolf. Runs great until it gets good and warm then starts missing and puffs smoke and dies. Plug then is black and sooty. Clean plug and let it cool and then it runs fine again until it gets warm. Engine has decent compression, carb it clean. What am I missing?
    • By Jeff Cotter
      I recently purchased a 2000 polaris xplorer 400 4x4.  When I bought it the starter was bad, speedometer didn't work,  and it had been sitting for 5 years. I replaced the battery, and starter. Changed all fluids, and got it running correctly.  Then replaced the speedometer in an attempt to make sure the awd would be available when needed.  And took it out for a couple hour ride with a buddy.  
      It ran great that ride with no serious problems just a little carb issues which I was able to take care of on the trails.  Then a couple days later I decided to take it out for a ride by myself,  again ran great no issues other than a couple times it seemed to cough and then take off again.  That day when I was loading it I noticed coolant dripping onto the trailer and the overflow bottle was empty.  
      Got home and decided to drain the counter balancer, when I did that I got about 3 cups of coolant. Im guessing that it needs new seals and all for the water pump.
      My question is how difficult is it to do the water pump and should I attempt it or should I send it down the road to the polaris dealership to get it done? 

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Ssg
      Hello! This is my first bike with a cvt it's a 19 Outlander 850 xmr. I use the 30" cryptid tires that come with the bike during hunting season since I hunt in a louisiana swamp and I have some 27" interco reptiles during the summer trail rides. So this past hunting season I got stuck and squealed the belt do i looking at cluch kits /adjustments to help with the low end but I dont want to mess with my summer riding so I'm looking for advice 
    • By Brian T. Aichinger
      I have a 2017 can am 570 outlander max that is having issues with the powersteering going out and the speedo quits working. anyone else having or heard of these issues?  everything else on the display cluster is working and I hear no noises as far as the powersteering unit, the dealer did change the steering unit because of the recall.
    • By Chris Abshire
      Changed fuel pump, has spark and good compression. Tried a gravity feed trick and still couldnt get it to fire off. But it does try to crank when i spray starter fluid. With pump connected and fuel hose off, it should still pump fuel, correct ? But its not. And i cant find anything online about this bike. Has less than 200 hrs, so barely gets ridden (wifes). New fuel in tank. Any suggestions would help. Thanx....
    • By joninak
      I bought a used 2017 Outty 1000r and have been hearing about folks melting plastics due to excessive heat near the pipe.
      It's winter here & I've been plowing my drive for a couple months without heat issues. I'd like any input if this will be a problem come summer?!?
      TIA

• By Ajmboy
      View File 2013 Can-Am Outlander & Renegade Service Manual
      2013 Can-Am Outlander & Renegade 500/650/800R/1000 Service Manual
      Submitter Ajmboy Submitted 01/28/2019 Category Can-Am BRP ATV