Quantcast

lite rear UTV tire sand use advice

Advice/recommendation on a set of lite rear UTV tires 26x11-12 needed for mainly very soft deep sand 65%, 15% gravel rd., 10% hard pack,  5% paved roads. 5% mud. All the reviews mention mainly mud lites, and very little sand lite tire brands! Looking for a tire that's lite but will dig well, reducing motor clutch overworking while slipping/spinning in lite sand. Appreciate any advice, Thanks, Steve

Need help from anyone that rides fast/hard long on lite tires under 25# on soft sand w/ little use on road/rock/mud/hard pack.

Heres a few brands that seem like the tire pattern I'm looking for on these reviews, but got me confused!

Maxxis Zilla ATV Tires 26-11-12 MZ41100 23.3 # 1.19480 $101.90
 I just read this review:
they run small and puncture way too easy
3 miles into the first ride with these tires one popped on a gravel trail, no sticks no sharp rocks, just class 5 gravel. also i bought 26x11x12 and the accrual height of the tire is 24.5" at 5psi. too short!

MASSFX MS
This tire is only 23-1/2" tall. Not even close to 26 inches tall as advertised.One Star
By Joshua S. on Jun 01, 2018  

BIG HORN:
 seem to run heavy about 30#'s, compared to other lite brands.  Tread pattern doesn't match my front tires. Like Wanda or Mars nut they both are very narrow by 2''.

Kenda Bear Claw
reviews:
You get what you pay for. I thought I was getting a great deal on a pair of 25x10x12 tires until I got them mounted. They are much smaller than the stock tires I was replacing. They are aprox. 24" diameter. They blow up when adding air/ shred easily!  

GBC Spartacus  
Extremely heavy 30#'s, and 12'' W, not 11'' as needed, I have these mounted for rears now, look good, work well for plowing snow, but I'm afraid while riding fast and long trips, out most of the day in soft sand, they'll mess with clutch/belts!

Any one riding hard n long, on sand w/ little road use?
Thanks