Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Jason Sturge

New Member need advice for ATV purchase

Hey Guys,

New to the forum and new to ATV's and am about to purchase my first ATV in over 20 years.  I've been sledding mostly but with climate changing we just don't get the same amount of snow where I live so anymore.  I just sold my 2014 Ski Doo Renegade 800 and am actively looking for a performance ATV.  I've always been partial to Bombardier Sleds and I'm finding myself partial to the BRP ATV's.  So there's the lead up and I have a couple questions to make sure I'm on the right track before making an ATV purchase.

Are the CAN AM sleds reliable for one?

I'm doing some research and I like the sounds of the XMR for the area I will be riding and the kind of style i think I'll ride like.  Is that a solid choice for riding marshlands and back country?

Displacement - I ran 800 cc 2 stroke sleds running 150+ HP.  I know the 4 stroke game is a different animal altogether.  Should I go with 650, 800 or 1000?  I'm thinking 800 or 1000 cc.  Are there reliability issues on the 1000?

How about other manufactures.  Yamaha or Kawasaki seems like solid choices as well.  Polaris I think I'll stay away from do to past experiences.

I know i have a lot of catching up to do and I'll do my research but just looking for some input from some of you guys if that's possible.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to QUADCRAZY and to the world of ATV'ing! I would personally go with the 800 but am personally inclined to Suzuki King Quads and Yamaha Grizzlys, 700-750 and more utility vs sport. However, there are so many great ATVs out there and the Can-Ams are pretty good. Take a look at Textron/Arctic Cat also. Do a search on Google for "ATV1" vs "ATV2" and if they are in the same class, you can usually find a good comparison video like:

• Like 2

polaris will not let you down (keep in mind there are lemons in every make), arctic cat, or yamaha  Ima made in the usa kinda guy so I really like Polaris over anything else

👍:jiggy:

• Like 2