Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Thomas Brooks

2017 Sportsman 570 X2 - Problems with EBS, transfer case and heat

Hi all,

I apologize if these have been discussed in the past. I just wanted to get this posted out here real quick, then will try searching through the forum tonight. So, I have a 2017 Sportsman 570 X2, with EPS and EBS. I have the following problems/challenges and am curious if I am not alone, and if any solutions have been found.

EBS - Holy cow! The engine braking system is so strong that Active Decent Control doesn't even seem necessary. On deceleration, it actually causes the tires to slide on dirt and asphalt! I have had the ATV for a little over a year and don't use it often. It probably has 30-50 hours on it.

Transfer Case/Transmission - I use a tow behind trimmer mower on my Very steep hill. It is not particularly heavy. While rolling downhill, I am usually in 4x4 (not with ADC, usually). The transfer case and/or transmission will suddenly pop into a neutral state. The shift lever and 4x4 switch do not move, of course. I am able to get it stopped with the brakes. Once stopped, It seems like it is engaged into gear again. That's without moving, shifting or changing anything. I do have a case open with Polaris on this one.

Heat - The ATV runs very hot. I generally use it at low speeds with a load behind it. The load is never terribly heavy. It's usually a garbage can, trimmer mower, driveway grader, trailer with a small load of firewood, etc. 

Bonus Question! I will post this to general too. I am a motorcyclist, riding on/off road for over 30 years. This is my 1st ATV, however. How in the heck am I supposed to operate the thumb throttle while at a full right turn? This is generally while trying to make a U-Turn. I tend to roll my hand over the top and grab the throttle from the front with my fingers. It seems very choppy, especially with the engine braking. 

Thanks!

Thomas

I have a 2018 570 eps. I find the EBS to be quite strong , enough to skid the rear tires. To overcome this I add a touch of throttle and apply brakes...when decending . It's just a matter of getting used to it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I’m slowly learning to feather the throttle and brake while engine braking. With the transfer case/transmission issues I am having, it looks like I’ll be taking it into the shop. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.