Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Ajmboy

Welcome!

Decided to start this club for those of us that are more "mechanics", like to answer mechanical questions in the forum, and may have some other than ATV questions, info, etc., to share. I'm do some work on my cars here and there.

I consider myself a B mechanic, worked for 15 years at sears auto and then 5 years in a shop. Went to college through a Toyota program years ago. The last 15 years I've been working in the auto parts industry, sales, operations, and other positions. I try to do all my own work, have a couple of scanners, specialty tools etc. I'm pretty familiar with what's available to most auto repair shops in terms of parts, tools, programs, software etc. Been in the auto industry for some time now. 😉

• Similar Topics

• By Andrew520
      Got a good deal on an 89 bayou 300. Couple questions. First is in the picture I have posted. Note the two wires at the bottom of the pic (white and black/yellow). They were not hooked up to anything and Im not sure if they are supposed to go to the battery or somewhere else and what they are for.
      Second question is I had the carb apart for a cleaning. The vaccum operated slide has a spring under the cap with a plastic clip that goes inside the spring. Is there a proper location inside the spring for that clip. Right now it is just below half way inside the spring.
      It runs alright but keeps fouling the plug. Pulled the plug off, cleaned it and dried it off and it starts back up but not sure how long before itll do it again, last time it was about 20 minutes of riding and it bogged out and wouldnt start.

• By Ssg
      Hello! This is my first bike with a cvt it's a 19 Outlander 850 xmr. I use the 30" cryptid tires that come with the bike during hunting season since I hunt in a louisiana swamp and I have some 27" interco reptiles during the summer trail rides. So this past hunting season I got stuck and squealed the belt do i looking at cluch kits /adjustments to help with the low end but I dont want to mess with my summer riding so I'm looking for advice 
    • By StolenATV
      Two guys in a 2013-2016 Ford F-350 Platinum model dually pickup (either Ruby Red or Bronze Fire in color) (pictured) with a 24-foot white extra-height enclosed trailer with the number “31” on the passenger side man door (pictured in the banner photo) pulled up to our business and stole 3 golf carts on 1/23/2020. This cart is a 2000 Club Car DS 48-volt Power Drive electric golf cart. Black body with black uprights and beige canopy. White seats. Rear steel flip seat. Raised cart using RHOX 3-inch spindle drop lift kit. RHOX Vegas 10×7 machined black and aluminum wheels with Carlisle All Trail 2 22×9.5-10 wheels. S/N A0029-908183. OEM style headlights and tail lights. 16-12V converter. Six 8-volt JCI batteries. No windshield. Has a New Harmony IN town sticker on the front cowl.
      The post REWARD – Stolen Club Car Golf Carts appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By Adrian Ciotinga
      So I’ve had this quad for the better part of a month, and it’s been hard to start since the day I bought it. Once it warms up it idles just fine and has plenty of power and starts no problem, but cold it takes 20 seconds minimum of straight cranking to start it.
      It’s not really too big of an issue, I’m just curious as to why it takes so long. Earlier today, it took me about 2 minutes of on/off cranking to get it to fire.
      i have attached a video of a cold start to show you what I mean.
      FullSizeRender.mov
    • By Adrian Ciotinga
      Hello,
      I recently picked up an ‘07 KFX 700. All was going well, rode it about 40 miles, when it started bogging at low speeds. If I kept the revs higher, I was just fine. Also, a persistent issue since I picked it up is the fairly difficult start (but it is abnormally cold right now and the quad is jetted for the dunes at summertime).
      Regarding the complete lack of idle, I have to rev it a couple times to get it to idle after starting it, after which it’s 50/50 whether it remains idling. I don’t have low fuel, but all of this began after I rode it pretty hard and the radiator fan kicked in. Might be overheating, just wanted to hear your opinions.