Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Scott Sirr

2008 Yamaha Big Bear 400 neutral light not working most of the time.

I need to figure out how to clean/fix or replace my neutral switch assembly On my 2008 Yamaha big bear 400 as generally the neutral light doesn’t come on when it is in neutral. To get it to come on I have to wiggle the foot shifter and hold it in just the right spot.
I have googled it and can’t find much on the 400’s. I can’t find a service manual online and the parts manual is super vague.

I think it is in the right side engine cover area, but not certain. 

Any help would be great. thanks

Scott

Most likely  it  is  the same switch located in the same place as in earlier  models.  There  are  Big Bear 400  manuals  in the  download section ..  Check   them  out  for  the placement  of  your  switch .. It  may  be  something as simple  as a  bad ground .

• Like 1

Thanks for your response davefrombc, but it looks like the older switches were on the outside of the engine/transmission but in 2007 there was changes when it went to irs. So I think it got moved and there is no manual that I can find for 2007 or newer?

Edited by Scott Sirr

I  haven't found a free download of the    manual  for  the  newer ones ,but there's several  pay  ones available .

Ya I guess I should just break down and buy one. It would save lots of headaches later :)

I need to make room I the garage to have a warmer place to work on it.