Quantcast

Connecticut Riding

Like lower NY, outside of private property there isn't much from what I recall. 

https://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?a=2716&q=325298&deepNav_GID=1650

Effective January 1, 2006, except where specifically allowed, riding an ATV on state or municipal property may result in charges of criminal trespass. (Public Act 05-234)

At the current time, Connecticut does not have any public areas open to quads.  Additionally, there are no State managed areas open to dirt bikes although the Army Corps of Engineers facility at Thomaston Dam is available for two wheeled trail bike riding.

https://www.traillink.com/stateactivity/ct-atv-trails/

http://backyardadventuretours.com/

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Connecticut may not be known for its off-road driving trails, but there are still some great options for off-road enthusiasts to explore. Here are some of the top off-road driving trails in Connecticut:

1. Natchaug State Forest: Located in the eastern part of the state, Natchaug State Forest offers over 50 miles of trails for off-road vehicles, including dirt bikes and ATVs. The trails offer challenging terrain, with steep hills, tight turns, and rocky sections.

2. Thomaston Dam: The Thomaston Dam Recreation Area offers over 25 miles of trails for off-road vehicles, including 4x4s, ATVs, and dirt bikes. The trails range in difficulty from easy to challenging and offer scenic views of the surrounding hills and forests.

3. Pachaug State Forest: This 24,000-acre state forest in the eastern part of the state offers over 50 miles of trails for off-road vehicles. The trails are open seasonally and range in difficulty from easy to challenging.

4. Chattfield State Park: This park in the northwest corner of the state offers over 14 miles of trails for dirt bikes and ATVs. The trails are challenging and offer scenic views of the surrounding forests and hills.

5. Rocky Neck State Park: This park in the southeastern part of the state offers a 3.5-mile sand and gravel beach trail for off-road vehicles. The trail is open seasonally and is suitable for 4x4s, ATVs, and dirt bikes.

When exploring Best Off Road Driving Trails in Connecticut, it's important to always practice safe and responsible driving habits, respect the environment, and stay on designated trails to avoid damaging natural habitats or cultural landmarks. Always prepare for your trip by bringing enough water, food, and supplies, and be sure to check local weather and trail conditions before heading out.

On 3/13/2023 at 11:20 AM, hitsoka2j said:

Connecticut may not be known for its off-road driving trails, but there are still some great options for off-road enthusiasts to explore. Here are some of the top off-road driving trails in Connecticut:

1. Natchaug State Forest: Located in the eastern part of the state, Natchaug State Forest offers over 50 miles of trails for off-road vehicles, including dirt bikes and ATVs. The trails offer challenging terrain, with steep hills, tight turns, and rocky sections.

2. Thomaston Dam: The Thomaston Dam Recreation Area offers over 25 miles of trails for off-road vehicles, including 4x4s, ATVs, and dirt bikes. The trails range in difficulty from easy to challenging and offer scenic views of the surrounding hills and forests.

3. Pachaug State Forest: This 24,000-acre state forest in the eastern part of the state offers over 50 miles of trails for off-road vehicles. The trails are open seasonally and range in difficulty from easy to challenging.

4. Chattfield State Park: This park in the northwest corner of the state offers over 14 miles of trails for dirt bikes and ATVs. The trails are challenging and offer scenic views of the surrounding forests and hills.

5. Rocky Neck State Park: This park in the southeastern part of the state offers a 3.5-mile sand and gravel beach trail for off-road vehicles. The trail is open seasonally and is suitable for 4x4s, ATVs, and dirt bikes.

When exploring Best Off Road Driving Trails in Connecticut, it's important to always practice safe and responsible driving habits, respect the environment, and stay on designated trails to avoid damaging natural habitats or cultural landmarks. Always prepare for your trip by bringing enough water, food, and supplies, and be sure to check local weather and trail conditions before heading out.