Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NEWACRIDER

Mom Riders! (Kleenex Alert!)

3 posts in this topic

I recently had this sent to me... I am posting it here for all the mom riders and daughter riders...

Recently I overheard a mother and daughter in their last moments together at the airport. They had announced the departure.

Standing near the security gate, they hugged and the mother said, "I love you and I wish you enough". The daughter replied, "Mom, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Mom".

They kissed and the daughter left. The mother walked over to the window where I was seated. Standing there I could see she wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on her privacy but she welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?".

Yes, I have," I replied.

"Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever good-bye?". "I am old and she lives so far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is - the next trip back will be for my funeral," she said.

"When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, ’I wish you enough’. May I ask what that means?".

She began to smile. "That’s a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone". She paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail and she smiled even more. "When we said , ’I wish you enough’, we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them". Then turning toward me, she shared the following as if she were reciting it from memory ..

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude

bright no matter how gray the day may appear ..

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more ..

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting ....

I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger ....

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting ....

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess ....

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

She then began to cry and walked away.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them but then an entire life to forget them.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Awww!!! Monica! I really like that.

how sweet. great post monica!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By toonces
      My mother has just developed a fairly serious case of sciatica, which is a condition where you have some serious leg pain as the result of a pinched sciatic nerve. One of the exercises she does in physical therapy is simply the therapist holding onto her foot and pulling away from her hips as she lays on her back on a table. To replicate this exercise at home they have recommended an inversion table (where you turn upside down and hang from your feet), but since she's not too keen on this idea I'm trying to figure out how to replicate this exercise...which is where the idea of a remotely operated winch comes in.
      I don't really have a wide range of knowledge when it comes to what equipment is out there that can help me accomplish this goal, but I'm not too shabby at designing things and since I just installed a superwinch on my grizz this is the first idea I've come up with.
      Basically I'm imagining using some kind of winch whose rope would be worked through a pulley system that would end attached to a shoe which Mom would put on, lie down and use the remote switch to gently stretch the leg.
      - Winch (if an ATV winch) would be powered by a 12v car battery hooked up to a trickle charger
      - Safety mechanisms would include...
      - a light switch dimmer inline between the 12v battery and the winch so speed can be adjusted.
      - possibly using one of those stretchy rubber exercise resistance bands in the line segment to regulate and ease the pulling
      - a remote power cut off switch paired with the remote 'in/out' switch
      Honestly I could just go ahead and make this system myself, and I'm fairly sure it would work, but I thought I'd bounce this idea off a mechanically minded community to see if there are any ideas how I could improve on the design.
      Since I'm only familiar with ATV winches at this point that's what I've imagined using. But if anyone is aware of a 110v based winch that would be more appropriate, that would surely help in simplifying powering the system since it'll be located indoors. Only requirement for the winch would be that it would need both an in and out function operated by a remote switch. And since the winch would only need to pull between 10-20 lbs it wouldn't need to be nearly as beefy as the ATV type.
      Sorry for the long write up here but I'm certainly glad for your time and open to your opinions and suggestions.
    • By MadMan
      Hello everybody, I need some advice on buying my next utility ATV 4x4. Ive narrowed it down to Arctic Cat, Yamaha, Polaris, or Can Am. Im wanting something with a 500-850 motor. I def do not want a 1000. They just seem too big and heavy. I am 6ft-5in tall and medium build. I currently drive a 1998 Yamaha Big Bear 4x2 350 and its simply too small for my body size. I also own a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500 4x4 which fits me quite nice and has a comfortable large seat. My wife loves driving the Popo since its automatic, so I get stuck driving the Yamaha if she tags along for ride since its semi auto shift. Id like to trade up the Big Bear for a larger, reliable, capable, trail and mud machine. I must have 4 wheel drive and IRS. I like the reliability of Yamaha, but I must admit my Popo rides quite smooth. I just really dislike the Polaris CVT belt noise and the lag time it requires to move atv after u punch the throttle. I havent tested the new 2013 or 2013 popo sportsman to compare. Im not into extreme mudding, but my friends and I do snorkel our quads and drive thru deep water on occasion. So I would like an ATV that is water friendly, if there is such a thing. LOL! Ive pondered a can am xmr 650 but am worried the can am might be expensive to maintain or repair. I really like the look of the AC Mud Pro, but I have no problem modifying a base model to suit my needs. Whatever bike I buy MUST be large in frame size. I dont need gobs of power but I prefer a larger frame size. My Big bear and my buddys Honda Rancher are just too small. My butt actually hits the rear rack when I ride if I sit bk too far. Please share your thoughts, good or bad. I am not brand loyal, I just want a well made, larger frame bike for trails and some mud.
      Thanks!
    • By trev0006
      NYC Riders Attack Toyota Prius

NYC Riders Attack Toyota Prius
      and
      Funny Motorcycle Pictures Oct 2 - 2013

Funny Motorcycle Pictures Oct 2 - 2013
    • By armd1

Marion County Speedway
      7197 NW Gainesville Rd.
      Ocala FL 34475
      MCS Home Page
      352-812-3922

RACE SCHEDULE LOCATED BELOW VIDEO'S !!!!

TT race videos
      [ame=
      ]TT race #1"] "]TT race #1[/ame][ame=
      ]TT race #2"] "]TT race #2[/ame][ame=
      ]TT race #3"] "]TT race #3[/ame][ame=
      ]TT race #4"] "]TT race #4[/ame][ame=
      ]TT race #5"] "]TT race #5[/ame]Flat Track videos
      [ame=
      ]FT race #1"] "]FT race #1[/ame][ame=
      ]FT race #2"] "]FT race #2[/ame][ame=
      ]FT race #3"] "]FT race #3[/ame][ame=
      ]FT race #4"] "]FT race #4[/ame][ame=
      ]FT race #5"] "]FT race #5[/ame] 2012 Fall - Winter
      TT- Flat Track schedule
      Saturday/ Oct. 27th
      MCS TT Racing
      Gates Open @2 / Practice @5 /Racing @7pm
      Admission $10/ under 6 free
      Saturday/ Nov. 3rd
      SDTA Flat Track & TT racing
      Saturday/ Nov. 10th
      MCS TT Racing
      Saturday/ Nov. 24thMCS TT Racing
      Saturday/ Dec. 1st
      SDTA Flat Track & TT racing
      Times To Be Determined
      Southern Dirt TrackAssociation Banquet !!!!!!!