Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

mikenacarato

WTB: Yamaha Blaster light bar and light

I have a 2001 Blaster

I want the front light bracket and light, mine has a headlight switch but no headlight assembly. let me know if anyone has one!!

Thanks!

-Mike

do you have any idea if this is a prewired atv?? im hoping all i have to do it bolt it up and connect the wires and im good.

Here, you can check the owner's manual:

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

Or parts Catalog:

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Polaris Sportsman 450 headlight mod

I am trying to figure out a way to make my high beam include the 2 front lights that come on in low beam mode. As it sits now I need to use the low beam to see the trail in front of me but can't see far ahead. On high beam I can see ahead but miss most of the trail right in front of me. Does anyone know of a kit that would mate the two front lights to the main headlight on high beam ? 

By kgard, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 5 replies
    • 1987 Yamaha Big Bear 350 Grinding Noise Front Differential

Hi, Thanks for a newbie on this site ! i have grinding noise in my front differential. the front right wheel is turning and the left is try to turn but no movement and make sound like a gear broken. somebody have any idea ? not enough oil in diff ? thank

By qcm413, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • ATV Front End Alignment How To

Here's a good article and video on the basics when it comes to ATV front end wheel alignments. Source: http://www.cyclepedia.com/manuals/online/free/steering/atv-front-end-alignment/ When you hear the words front end alignment what comes to mind? Automobiles and potholes may be the first thought. There are other four wheeled vehicles out there running over a lot more than potholes. ATVs and side-by-sides live hard lives crawling over rocks, hauling loads, and crossing trails no other man-made vehicle would dare. One of the most basic services these vehicles call for is the adjustment of the toe-in of the front wheels. The Suzuki Eiger LT-F-400F calls for this to be checked initially after 100 mi. or 1 month of use, and every 600 mi. or 3 months for the rest of its operational life. Be it a Yamaha Banshee, 50cc mini-quad, or Kawasaki Mule this is a periodic maintenance item that is essentially the same no matter the scale of machine. Toe-in specifically refers to the amount the front wheels are pigeon toed. At axle level the center of the front tires are closer in the front than in the back. Most ATVs and side-by-sides call for the front wheels to be slightly pigeon toed to parallel. Keeping the toe-in aliment in specification and adjusted correctly is important for performance, safety, and tire wear. If the front end of the vehicle is in a toe-out position, duck footed, the tires will wear more rapidly and the vehicle will be inherently unstable. In addition, if the toe-in adjustment is in specification but it has been improperly adjusted it may put excess strain on the steering components.   The first step in checking the toe-in is to check the tire pressure. Make sure the tire pressure set correctly in all four tires. The air pressure in the front tires should be as close to the same as possible. Place the vehicle on a level surface and position the steering straight ahead. Be sure to check with the appropriate service manual to see if there are any extra specifics for the vehicle. The Suzuki Eiger for example calls for the vehicle to be weighted as to simulate the rider. Make a chalk mark on the front, center of each front tire at the height of the front axle. If available set up a toe gauge so that the pointers line up with the chalk marks. Measure the distance between the front chalk marks. Record this measurement as A. Rotate the front wheels 180° so the marks remain at axle height, but are now facing to the rear. Record the distance between the marks on the backside of the tires as B. Subtract the front measurement A from the rear measurement B to calculate the toe-in. If the number is negative you have a toe-out condition. Compare your toe-in figure with the factory specification found in the vehicles service manual. To adjust the toe-in loosen the lock nuts on the tie-rods. The outer tie-rod lock nuts often have left hand threads. Turn the tie rods with a wrench at the flats to change the toe-in. Be sure to evenly adjust the left and right tie-rods for proper alignment. Check with the service manual to see if there are any specifications for the length of the tire rods or the amount of threads that should be showing. If the tie-rods are not adjusted according to the OEM specifications the proper toe-in may be achieved, but the vehicle will not steer correctly and it could be at risk of breaking a tie-rod. When the adjustment is correct hold the tie-rod flats and tighten the lock nuts to specification against each side of the tie-rod. Take a slow test ride to make sure the steering functions correctly.   Check out this additional video on ATV wheel alignments:  

By Admin, in General ATV Discussion

• 31 replies
    • Neutral safety switch

I’m looking for any member that may be familiar with the neutral safety switch on this bike.    I picked up a bayou 220 that I found sitting in a shed. Nice looking bike the guy said it would not start one day and put it away and never touched it again.   So it turns out the neutral safety switch is bad.  I jumped it out and the bike fired up and runs good.   I’m more then capable of the work in changing it but this thing is buried pretty good. I’m curious if anyone has done the switch replacement before?  I attached some pics to see. picture 1 is the side view you can see the green and red wires going into the cover.  Pic 2 shows looking down on the drive shaft coming out of that cover.  That is not a simple cover you just pull off.  Im wondering how deep and how much shit has to come off like the drive shaft etc for this switch  to be replaced.  So if any of the QC members have done this switch I’m looking for any input with regard to changing it.   Thanks. 

By Frank Angerano, in General ATV Discussion

• 14 replies
    • Big bear 350 front pulls down when pulling away

Hi my 350 tends to pull down on initial acceleration which is the opposite of the other quads I’ve driven (not too many) is there a problem with the front end ? Its sitting on Bear Claws if that has any effect ?

By Belmontie, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 6 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • By dyyjrr9
      I just got a 1991 Yamaha Moto 4 for my son and I am looking for a service repair manual. I know that the timing chain needs replaced.
    • By alexcross324
      Hi all, I try to find this manual in the threads but you have a lot of stock here
      Cannot find this particular manual.
      I found it for YFM200 but not sure if they are the same.
      Thanks if you could help me with that.
      Im new here so if I did something wrong, please tell me.
    • By davidwestfall
      looking for direct shift shifting lever that properly fits my 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 and fits my foot the same as a stock 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 shifting lever fits my foot
    • By davidwestfall
      hey I'm dave westfall I'm new I just became an official member of this site a few minutes ago. Ive been crazy about quads and bikes since I was about 3 and ive always done my home work on them figuratively speaking. I would say for comparison to the common man that I am pretty knowledgeable about them. its been my passion about most of my life. I love talking about quads and bikes so if anyone out there would like to talk with me about mechanical subjects or about person experiences while riding or just shoot the breeze please feel free to chat with me. I'm looking forward to it.