Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Ryan Hutton

2001 suzuki quadmaster wont move

Hey guys i am new to this site. i have a quadmaster 500 and last year my brother in law had it out and brought it back. When we went to put it away it wont move now any suggestions i have the belt cover off now. With it jacked up it seem to take gear when its not running.

Hey @Ryan Hutton welcome to Quadcrazy. 
So you have the belt housing off, is the belt tight or loose? 
Can you get all four wheels off of the ground and see if it will run and and go onto gear? 
Not sure on your atv but is it full time 4x4 or do you have the selector? 

Posted (edited)

I can push the belt down about 1.5-2 inches movement in it.

My bike does have a 4x4 selector switch.

I could get all 4 wheels in the air that is where i was heading next was to see if it will turn the wheels with no resistance on them.

Edited by Ryan Hutton
wanted to add for informastion

Ok definitely try getting all wheels off of the ground and see what happens as far as going into gear. Also see what happens when you go into 2x4 as well.   

Double check your brakes aren't locked up.

Last thing I would check are your differential drives.   Open the fill plug and feel around for any damaged gears. Don't move wheels while your fingers are feeling around in there. You may have blown a differential.   

Hey Frank Angerano i had a chance to get the belt housing off the bike and the nut come off the front pully so it wants the belt. Thank you for the help its back up and going now.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you found the problem. I've  been tied up with work and stuff around the house so i haven't been on the forum much.    Off  the top of my head I think the main sleeve hub nut is about 65 foot lbs. the springs are about 7 -8 foot lbs and the spring support bolt was 16 ish.  I like to use thread lock on all parts. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By JonBat68
      I have a 99 250 Quadrunner. Currently has no spark. It would run for 5 minutes, then shut off. After it cooled down about 20-30 minutes, it would start again. I ordered a new stator and found the old one was damaged (copper windings broken)  I installed the new stator, filled with oil and now it has no spark. Any assistance would be helpful
    • By Quadrunner44
      I have an older 1980s Suzuki quadrunner red lt 4wd (250)
      so just finished putting it all back together and was running fine just needed to adjust the rebuilt carb
      bf decides to hook up an air chuck to the gas tank because it got a shot of air in the gas line well 120psi didn’t agree with any of the parts including the new carb 
      end result : new battery new carb now it just clicks (one single click) won’t turn over 
      hard to pull start gets hung up (unless I remove the spark plug ) gas flooded out the first time but now does nothing purchases a new starter waiting the arrival 
      could there be damage to the crank shaft or pistons etc? Or install the new starter and try to fire it up ? What caused the starter to die after he flooded everything with gas was working fine. 
      Thank you 
    • By Kevin Nicoll
      Anyone familiar with these models? Its a new to me quad, picked it up for basically nothing... Just time and materials now, this looks expensive. 

• By jim estes
      Aquired a Quadrunner 240 about a year and half ago.The man said he knew nothing of it history just took it a s an add on in a trade he had made, It looked good-early/mid 90's all the plastic in good shape with no obvious oil stains, dents, etc, now have time to check it a little cl;oser...any suggestions as to what to look for? Aside from metal shavings, checking fluids etc? Whats good to see? Bad? Thank ahead

• By Admin
      View File 1985-90 Suzuki Quadrunner LT230 Service Manual
      1985-90 Suzuki Quadrunner LT230GE, LT-F230G, LT230S Service Manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 06/29/2019 Category Suzuki ATV