Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

2001 Yamaha warrior need help

So I dug my warrior out of storage replaced the carburetor with one off Amazon & it was running great. Last week it didn't want to start it would crank & I could smell gas but nothing. I replaced the starter,stator,solenoid,spark plug & coil & resistor but still not starting. Checked the stator and its at 30 ohms tried using starter fluid but nothing. I am completely lost and could use some help thank you

After I did a tune up it was struggling to start and my battery would die after five or six rides. So when I couldn't get it started I opted to just replace all the parts instead of one at a time. The only improvement I've noticed that it does sound sick when I try and start it

• 1 month later...

Yeah I agree with MarkinAR, its probably not re-charging the battery while running, so after a few rides the battery is low and there isn't enough power to fire the spark plugs when trying to start. 

If you have a voltmeter, then check your battery voltage when it's not running (should be around 12.75v), then again when it is running (should be around 14v).

If you don't have one, then does it crank noticeably slower and headlights dimmer when it is struggling to start - that's how you can tell the battery is low without a voltmeter.

You can jump it with a car and car jumper cables if you're careful (negative to ATV frame and positive to ATV battery +) and if that works, then the problem is the charging system or battery.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• Similar Topics

• By Wagnerc
      Are the tires on Amazon worth getting? Wanda and Kenda are two I was looking at
    • By wiwild
      Hello everyone !
      I'm currently rebuilding my carburetor on my Yamaha moto 4 350 1987, first time I rebuild a carb 😅 ! It was leaking fuel from the overflow and inside the intake ....
      When I took off needle (the platic top part was stuck like crazy) I had a spring and inside the kit there is a spring, an O-Ring and a washer. 
      Left is the needle that was in the carburetor and right is the new set (I already tried to mount it but it didn't felt right and I accidentally broke the o-ring)
      Anyway, I saw in some videos and diagram that there is no spring in here. So should I put the spring back ? And where ? On top of the needle or bottom ?

This is an original Mikuni carb :

Thank you ! Also if you have any additionnal tips please feel free to share I want to learn the proper way !
    • By Brent Wright
      What's a good size to start a 10 year old on?
    • By xpnet
      Hey guys I posted a while ago about my two quads but couldn't figure it out.  So I gave it to my buddy he is checking them over, what do you guys think?

• By 92BayouB
      Hey there all,
      First off thanks for the board. My Bayou 220 has survived 3 teenagers and is on its 4th now. Up until  recently it has been a virtual tank....until I decided to fix it;)
      Noticed some smoking from the engine block (not exhaust) so figured it was time for a quick top end rebuild. Now that I have it all back together, it fails to start. I've pulled the starter rope until my arm is tired. 
      So I will be as detailed as possible and hopefully get some help.
      Completed:
      -New Head gasket
      -New Valve seals
      -New piston (standard)
      -New rings (standard)
      -All new seals
      -Cleaned up head and valves (didn't do any resurfacing, as it all cleaned up pretty easy)
      -All torqued to spec
      -Piston ring gaps all checked out
      -Valve clearances (Intake: .18mm, Exhaust .20mm). Not too tight, not too loose.
      Pros:
      -Engine IS making decent compression
      -DO have spark
      -Will fire for a split second if I drop some gas in the spark plug hole and pull start. Will NOT from carb and or intake valve. 

Timing:
      So I followed the guide of: TDC
      -Flywheel aligns on the “T” mark on the engine site hole
      -Cam gear mark aligned with the cover mark
      Seeing as this is my first time doing a top end rebuild on an ATV. Here are my questions and concerns:
      -I didn't realize (dummy me) that there are 2 TDC's. 1- Compression, 1-Exhaust. 
      How do I know if I'm on the right one?
      -Does the cam need to be aligned a certain way when put back in? I just aligned the cam gear dimple with the cam and put it in. No alignment. 
      Thanks ahead of time. I feel like I'm 90% there, but I'm missing an important step for completion.