Quantcast

Quadmaster locked up while cruising. Possible too much crankcase pressure?

JABAWOKI

SO I'm riding along, on a paved road, going like 25-30mph and outta nowehere, she shuts down and has good resistance upon "coasting" still in gear (Hi). I come to a a stop and try the starter: Absolutely nothing. Shes locked up tighter than a drum. The ODD part is, after looking it over visually, I see the top of the motor transmission/cfrank area has oil. It must have come from the seam between the case halves.

Does this scenario exist, or am I the one in a zillion?

• 1 month later...

Or coming from the airbox and dripping down. Hard to say without seeing it. I think you have a couple issues going on, the engine seizing and the oil leak but I dont think they are necessarily connected. Might want to check and see if you have any leaking boots or seals that could have leaned out the fuel mixture and locked up your piston. Could also be filled too full of oil and oil is dripping from your airbox down on to the engine and also making its way to the intake and hydrolocking the piston

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By dalton7545
      ive had an account for years.   cand dowload a manual tho   havent posted enought so here is a post
    • By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By kawasig
      Hello there
      I'm having a problem finding a quality carburetor for a 1993 Suzuki Quad Runner lt-f 250 2x4. I find a lot that have 3-4 star ratings. And all so far don't have the right throttle Cable inlet at the top. The last one I got 4 star on Amazon has a threaded cable sheath rest that could be partially drilled to work. I would prefer to get one I don't have to modify. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!
    • By 1998Zuki250
      What are your riding location preferences? Mud Park? Personal Trails? Public Land?