Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

Greetings from Montana

Hi all, new guy from Montana here. Mostly looking to get some service information for my old '87 Suzuki LTF230. I've been riding motorbikes/3/4-wheelers since before I could ride a bicycle, so I'm definitely not new to toys. Current list includes my '85 XR350, an '85 TRX250, the LTF230, an '04 Outlander 400, an '08 Outlander 800, and I'm sure something else in a shed.

Anyhoo, my son decided it was time to tear down the LTF230 a bit and clean things up. It needs a new rear hub, the lights recently quit working most of the time, brakes, maybe a few bearings etc. This quad was purchased new by his grandpa for the ranch, and has had a typical hard life ranching. :)

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By alexwv1863
      I'm working on my buddy's 1988 Suzuki Quad Runner 250 2x4 and I'm having some issues.  The main issue so far is I can't get the dang thing to start.  When I try craniking it with the electric start, all it will do is grind.  Occasionally it will backfire once at a time.  That doesn't happen every time though.  I have read that some 4 wheelers have to have the hand brake engaged before it will start.  I'm not sure if this is one of those or not.  The carb is brand new, fuel pump works, brand new battery, gas is fresh.  There isn't a choke cable right now.  What am I missing?  What would you recommend me trying?  Also, how is this 4 wheeler's engine supposed to be cooled?  Today was the first day I've actually started going through it.  There are several parts he needs to order.  I'm just trying to get it to start first before any more money is spent on it.  Thank you for your help.   I really appreciate it.
    • By Grizz700
      I use our 700 Grizzly to carry my chainsaws, oil and gas for cutting firewood on our property.  I'd also like to pull a trailer with it to help collect the firewood.  Because we have lots of rocks on our property the trails are very uneven.  I have heard of a walking beam suspension that helps to minimize a bouncy ride.
      Does anyone have any experience with the walking beam suspension verses a traditional axle and any trailer recommendations or even a style or type not to get to haul firewood with?

Thanks in advance.
    • By Justsomedude
      Hey guys new to the forum and bored as hell with the mundane 9-5 planning on picking up a new scrambler 1000 or sportsman 1000 for me and my son to ride.  My boy Jack is 5 years old and I was debating getting a touring edition with the back seat however i cant decide if its time to just get him his own quad or get the sportsman instead of the scrambler so i can put him on back.  I am 37 years old bored as hell and looking to tear some sh** up! I have ridden glamis and a few other places when i used to live in AZ but now that i am home in NY NO ONE rides around here!  Long island is extremely strict with this kind of thing which suuuucks! If there are clubs you can join or meetups please point me in the right direction thanks again!
    • By Mcsful8er
      Sup just bought 95 Trailblazer
    • eManualOnline
    • By Dabrowski_1
      Hey All, just a quick hello and look forward to being part of the forum. 
      recently picked up this 91 YFM250B from a farm in Victoria, melbourne Australia for $650. It had a dead battery but i did get a video of it running before i brought it. Problem was that it had a severe backfire through the carb. 
      Anyways, the last 3 weeks ive been spending hours a day getting it back to running perfectly. 

here's what I've had to fix so far;
      - Couldnt get the timing marks to line up, stretched chain!
      - someone had been into the carb in the past becuase the float was upside down, aso was leaking fuel quite badly
      - airbox was missing the cage, so i brought a complete K&N unit
      - Swingarm bearings were destroyed!!! What a sage to get the swingarm bolts out!!!! all cleaned up and ready for installation
      - currently working on the front end becuase there is a bit of play in the bearings

just waiting on some parts from yamaha and ill be able to fire it up and see if all is working well. 

• Similar Tagged Content

• Gallery Images