Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Polaris Sportsman 110cc rear end damage

I have a 2018 Polaris Sportsman 110cc that my son rides.  We are active riding in the Colorado mountains.  My son struggles to navigate trails with rocks.  He follows my line and occasionally hits the rear end.  Well the pictures show the damage well.  After a weekend of riding almost 60 miles, he hit one rock and nearly ripped the rear axle off.  There was about 1/2" of metal still attached on one of the tubes.  Luckily I have a neighbor that is a big fabricator as his help will be needed on this one. 

IMG_5905.JPG

IMG_5908.JPG

IMG_5909.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

Definitely not great photos.  I got new bearings and seals, everything put back together and the ATV ready to ride again.  I feel pretty good about everything.  We are going out this weekend so will see how it holds up.  These youth quads are definitely not built for rough Colorado mountain trails. 

The OEM welds on these units are also not great quality.  Some welds just ran off into space, cold welds and other issues.  This repair is of much higher quality and added a bunch of steel to this rear end. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By bco20
      does anyone have an owners manual or repair manual i could download ?i got a 2018 king quad 5oo eps special edition can not find either anywhere thanks
    • By p5200
      The studs in the sprocket hub are stripped out. The hub is probably walloed out also. Probably will have to have a new sprocket hub. I doubt I have the ability nor the tools needed for this job. Thanks for all suggestions/opinions! 

20240225_155255.mp4   20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4  
    • By 1998Zuki250
      What are your riding location preferences? Mud Park? Personal Trails? Public Land?
    • By Admin
      Does anyone use GPS, whether on a device or app to record their ATV trail rides? I have been thinking about a section where our members can upload let's say a .gpx file and share their rides on a google map for others to see where there are riding areas. Not sure if this is something of interest or how much it would be used, so just trying to get an idea.
      Importing routes from files like xml, lmx, tour, freshroute, gpx, kmz, kml
    • By p5200
      I'm assuming, it's alright to test the engine after adjusting valves without the rear axle installed? Can someone please verify this? I'm waiting on axle parts and wanting to get that done while waiting. Thanks! 🙂