Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

Need some help from CA peeps!

kfx450r

I found a ds450 (unfortunatly its not a kfx :frown:) but its really cheap..like 6000..which some people may think is alot but no one goes down that much around here..can anyone tell me how much tax and title/license would be? Im guessing shipping would be around 350 but would a dealer ship it to me in louisiana? Even after shipping/tax/title/license its still like 600$ cheaper than buying a kfx right by my house.

EDIT..found a kfx for 6200 with free shipping..oh snap..too bad my parents dont sign for the sale of house till next thursday..and ends in 4 days..AHH why !!! k scratch that anyways ..says paperwork has to be done in dealership and i live like ..800 miles from it -.-

x2EDIT: found a 07 brand new honda 450 for 5699...good 200 miles but thats nothin for the price..tempting.

Tax's depend on the Area you live in....Shipping is closer to 500.....Im gonna Bet that it will be Cheaper to just buy Local.....

Where can I find out how much the sales tax is? Ive seen some dealers advertise like 6% in other states..my local kawasaki dealership said 9% for them..but is that 9 for louisiana? Because i think im going to buy a bike out of state..so id have to pay 9 instead of what ever mississippis sales tax is?

Where can I find out how much the sales tax is? Ive seen some dealers advertise like 6% in other states..my local kawasaki dealership said 9% for them..but is that 9 for louisiana? Because i think im going to buy a bike out of state..so id have to pay 9 instead of what ever mississippis sales tax is?

Short note..does anyone know why the hell the 2008 trx450er weighs 390 lbs? what is up with that?! :mad:

Maybe wet weight.

coolant, oil, fuel etc weighs 40 lbs? Wow ..i had no idea..if thats true i may be after one..found one for 6200 and darn kfx450s are only going down to 6999 .+ i LOVE the blue/black trxs..i'll have to find out this whole weight thing. Thanks for replies

Buy one from Oregon......There is no Sales Tax:wink:

Just do a GOOGLE search on sales Tax in different States......It also goes by Counties too.....

Wouldn't do any good because you don't pay sales tax in any state but your own..but when you bring it back to your state to register it you pay tax

One gallon of oil weighs about 6.84 pounds.

One gallon of water weighs about 8.34 pounds.

1 gallon of gasoline equals 5.8 to 6.5 lbs.

1 gallon of ethanol equals 6.59 lbs.

What else is there?????

I'd add that up if I knew exactly what was put into the bike..lol like a 3 gallon tank so like 18 lbs + ..you dont put in a gallon of oil do you? My friend said around 390 curb weight sounded about normal..i feel little better about that now..i just hope i can find a blue/black one in stock

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Machias_Mike
      Hi there!
      We just bought 4 acres and needed a work rig for moving stuff around and blazing trails. Been looking at buying a quad for a long time and finally got the opportunity.  Found a very good condition 1994 Kawi Bayou 300 4x4.  Runs great and seems to be in great operating condition with one little thing.
      The unit seems to have an issue with reverse.  Previous owner did tell me about it and its totally usable but the issue is annoying enough that I want to try and fix it.  Im pretty mechanical oriented so don’t think this will (hopefully) be too much of an issue.  I bought the kawasaki shop manual on ebay and should be here next Friday but wanted to get a head start on it.

The issue seems to be similar to this post but I think may be more mechanical than just the switch.
      https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/14281-1994-bayou-220-neutral-safety-switch/

Here goes!

Neutral light is always on when key in on position I found that the green wire coming out of the block from neutral switch is grounded to chassis.  When plugged in to switch light never turns on no matter what gear its in (and wont start). Machine can go from 1st directly into Reverse if you don’t feather it.  This is the part that that makes me want to fix it.  I feel like its dangerous and could possibly do some damage.  It usually takes 3-4 tries to 'find' neutral.   The reverse turn knob seems to be operable and cable is connected and operates the reverse 'selector' when turned.  Springs back when released both at the switch and at the 'selector' inboard of the shifter. When in reverse the red reverse light does not illuminate Based on above and looking at the post above it seems that this would indicate that the reverse stopper is 'broken' and rotated in an 'in gear' position.  I see a few posts on here where people have said it can crack.  If I plug the green wire back in and turn machine to 'on' I can move the shifter through all gears and the neutral light and reverse light stay off.  Again, to me it seems that the 'reverse stopper' is probably broken, stuck where the switch thinks its in a forward gear and the shaft is probably just spinning inside it.

Am I on the right track here?
      I wanted to get a head start on this and looking at parts diagrams it looks like the part number for the 'reverse stopper' is 13091-1443, found one on ebay for $30 shipped.  I hate buying parts before tearing it down but if this is the likely culprit I would take a $30 gamble to buy it so I can have it on hand when the manual arrives.

The other question I have which I hope is an easy answer is none of the parts diagrams I have found show the bevel gear gasket part number.  Can anyone tell me what the part number is for this?

Many, many thanks for the info and I promise to post pics once I have it apart.

• By Malaka
      Need new tires for mostly plowing and running around. Found some good tires. 
      specs call for front  26-8-12 Rear 26-11-12
      Has anyone put 27-9-12 & 27-11-12 as more of selections going up on front and taller 

thanks all

• By JDAlbert
      Trying to see if there would be any interest in either or both of these groups.  I was surprised there was not already a Polaris Club--there could be so many sub-clubs...
    • By trx125flip
      yay forum stuff again... really needing a 87 trx125 service manual.. if anyone has one without a dead link that would be super! 
    • By MarkinAR
      So here's one I've never seen, the Nikasil is flaking at the top of the stroke on the top ring on both cylinders.  Both cylinders are clean, nearly zero vertical scratching, just flaking at the top.  The flakes are just enough that compression is bypassing the top ring and going into the crank case.  It actually shot the dipstick out.  Weird.  BTW, if this were a 90's Honda, this wouldn't happen.  A quick hone and new rings and a Honda will live forever.  Stupid pull-harris.

• Gallery Images