Quantcast

2019 Polaris 450HO Fuel Line Safety issue

while troubleshooting an intermitant stalling issue we came across a fuel line rubbing on the frame where the fuel line comes from the injector and goes up to the pump. about 2" up from the injector the line runs next to the frame, and it appears that the coil plug wire has a rubber tab that may be is supposed to protect it from the frame. The bike has about 1400 miles on it and the line has some serious wear. it looks like over time it would be a hole. Ended up wrapping a piece of rubber around it to protect it. Will attach pics if allowed.

IMG_0562.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

Good you found that , it certainly would have happened, what you did will work perfectly fine, you might look around and see if it came from the factory that way or has been shuffled around from riding, if the latter see if you can get it back in the original position.

It “looks” like it came that way factory. The line is shaped so it lays that way naturally. Also the coil wire has a little tab on it that maybe the intent is to shield or block the fuel line from rubbing. And it probably would work if the tab were longer.   Anyway, something to be aware of. At least the line is not over the hot exhaust.  Lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By HSTAR
      Hey I have a 1997 big bear 350 4x4
      I replaced the shifter shaft and the shift arm linkage and the rod when I installed them all I was unaware that you had to line the dot on the shifter shaft with the gap on the linkage arm gap put it all back  together and rode it I can't get it to shift in the right gears  I can move the shift cam by hand and goes in different gears but with the shifter shaft in it riding I can't put it in R or N 
      Anyone know how to line up the shifter shaft and the shift cam s

• By semicolon
      Hi, I am having issues with my TRX350D fuel pump.  It suddenly stopped running so I have replaced all the fuses and cleaned all the terminals.  I have fitted a new pump, fuel cut-off relay and rectifier.  Still nothing!!  The pump runs when attached to a battery.  The engine will start on the choke and the filter fills with fuel but it will  not rev and dies when the choke is closed. I have power to the relay but nothing at the pump black/white wire when cranking the engine.  Any ideas where to go from here would be very much appreciated!!

• By Topendcol
      First issue was fuel pump wont start once ignition has been turned on. Replaced the pump as I had one on hand, than noticed no power so replaced the fuel pump relay as that was were i traced the power to. Still nothing so further inspection looks like signal is coming from the PCM (FLR B20) but not switching the the brown wire to the fuel pump. Ive checked the operation of the bank angle sensor and it appears operational. Fuses and wiring all appear OK. The engine stop relay also tests OK. Ive been through the repair manual and diagrams but to no avail. Fully stumped, any tips would be helpful. Thanks
      Col
    • By SCmasterTech
      I bought a 220 for my daughter and after riding for while it cut off and wouldn't start back up. Found the cam and rockers completely destroyed. When I replaced the head and got it running I checked and had no oil pressure. Pulled the side cover and the oil pump was missing the plastic gear. There were no pieces in the anywhere to be found. The side cover didn't look like it had been off in a long time. I wonder how long this thing was run without an oil pump. Put a new pump on it and its been running great. 
    • By Makj44
      As it should be easy to see I am not a four wheeler mechanic so I apologize for asking for help, I replaced my OEM carburetor with a aftermarket carburetor and with y’all’s help adjusted the air/ fuel and it ran great until this evening and I noticed a smell of fuel I inspected carburetor area and found a steady flow at the vent line on the bottom of the carburetor so my question is is the float the only thing that will cause this problem? Before I installed the carburetor I checked the jets for tightness and they all seemed fine?