Quantcast

2006 Yamaha Big Bear Float Setting

Go to solution Solved by Gwbarm,

Many "Thanks" Gwbarm.

Can I bug you for one more piece of data?  What's the stock air screw setting?  Screw was stuck and in the process of working it in & out, I lost count of the initial setting.  I've seen between 1-1/2 turns to as many as 2-1/2 turns out posted online.  I really don't like working on stuff for other people.  I want it to be perfect but perfection is very time consuming.

• Solution

Turn the pilot air screw counterclockwise a half-turn at a time, while watching the tachometer. Stop when the idle speed begins to increase, then turn the screw clockwise a quarter-turn. If the idle speed does not increase after more than two full turns, reset the screw to its 2 1/2 turn position; repeat this step and turn the screw clockwise instead of counterclockwise.

You don't have to use a tach if you don't have one you can hear when the engine increases speed  it will increase to a point and start to decrease in speed turn it back until its at the highest speed . Then reset the idle speed.

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Spritee1
      having an issue with the unit when running under a load up a hill or in high gear, seems like the belt is slipping, there is a clapping sound coming from the primary clutch like it releases and snaps back in. i don't think I should have a noise like that. this is a friends unit and he has already replaced the primary twice with the same result.
      not sure where to look next
    • By STLJ
      Gday all,

Been trying a couple different ways now to download a manual. Not sure what I am doing wrong but could someone walk me thru it?
      I go to DL page and click on link
      get a pop up for a PDfixer or something
      close that and then hit download button and no go
      tells me I have reached my limit but I have never DL anything ever. 
    • By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By mga
      I see quite a few ads for that  Tribotex additive. It's kind of expensive, has anyone used it it their ATV or any other vehicle?
    • By HSTAR
      Hey I have a 1997 big bear 350 4x4
      I replaced the shifter shaft and the shift arm linkage and the rod when I installed them all I was unaware that you had to line the dot on the shifter shaft with the gap on the linkage arm gap put it all back  together and rode it I can't get it to shift in the right gears  I can move the shift cam by hand and goes in different gears but with the shifter shaft in it riding I can't put it in R or N 
      Anyone know how to line up the shifter shaft and the shift cam s