Quantcast

New member intro and needs help.

Hello guys, I hope I am not invading your space, but as you can see the current state of my project here it's not but about 50% ATV. I am hoping that some one here can point me to a wiring schematic that I can reference since the "Complete wiring harness" i purchased from Amazon did not include a diagram of any kind.

20240112_172514.thumb.jpg.45112dafb052d56f27f1a1fcf039dbee.jpg

The ones that I am finding on line vary greatly but none show the connections for the separate 5 wire connector coming from the motor.

20240112_172451-2.thumb.jpg.041299dfd6c1c1e34e706cac65a3eca2.jpg

Can someone tell me where these wires go?

Thanks in advance for all help!

Edited by CaptJim

Well you really need to identify the engine first. That looks like it could be a copy of a minarelli engine that's commonly used by a lot of Chinese and Taiwanese bike makers. You could start looking at bikes made by Kayo, Kazuma, Kymco, Lifan, Linhai, and Taotao.

Once you identify the engine the wiring may not be the same colours but with a bit of figuring it should be possible to match it up.

I gotta say though that you need a better front wheel. The spokes in that aren't going to be strong enough, and the wheel bearings aren't good enough for that use either.

The wires at your green plug are coming from the staator, it could be for changing battery and hooking up to CDI if it has one, cant really see much from the photos. Does it have a starter or kick start. If it has a magneto it may run by just giving it gas,some of those smaller engines worked that way and the wiring was just for charging battery and lights. but i didnt see a coil. Thats necessary. 

20 hours ago, Mech said:

Well you really need to identify the engine first

Mech,

The engine came from a trashed ( literally pulled it from a trash pile ) Kazuma ATV , here is the only number that I have found but cannot find anything to reference it to...

serial.thumb.jpg.b89b05711b5fef9d7cfc3e415b68651f.jpg

It does have an electric start, and I think I have figured out the five wires coming out of the stator but have no idea what the other 5 wires from the green connector go to.

About the front end... yeah, I realize that it is probably a little light, but it is what I had. besides, I'm 75 years old and won't be doing any jumps or wheelies. If I can find a smaller springer style front end at a swap meet, I will change it but until iI get it running this is a low budget project.

Thanks again for the help and advice.

15 hours ago, Gwbarm said:

The wires at your green plug are coming from the staator, it could be for changing battery and hooking up to CDI if it has one, cant really see much from the photos.

Gwbarn,

There are five other wires that also come from the stator that I believe go to the CDI and Regulator. These wires go to a cylinder just inside the engine below the starter motor.

Guys,

One other question... all the schematics that I am looking at show an emergency kill switch. I have no such switch that I can find, do I need one?

Again, thanks in advance, not sure where else I could get such advice and knowledge.

If you can give us the colours of the wires on the stator Jim it might help identify the system.  I have several wiring diagrams from those makes I suggested you look at, three of which are for Kazuma, and all of those generic engines use the same or similar wiring diagrams and stators, but they use different coloured wires.

Edited by Mech

23 minutes ago, Mech said:

If you can give us the colours of the wires on the stator Jim it might help identify the system

Mech,

the wires coming out of the motor (stator) are;

Yellow - I have attached to the rectifier yellow

Yellow - I have attached to the rectifier white wire 

Green - I have attached to green ground wire

Red with Red stripe - I have attached to CDI red w/ black stripe

Blue w/ white stripe - I have attached to CDI blue w/ white stripe\

The other wires coming out of the motor next to the stator wires are the ones I have questions about. They seem to be coming from a molded black cylindrical object that is held in place with an anchored clip and they are:

Green w black stripe

Blue w/ red stripe

Purple

Pink

Light green w/ red stripe

Thanks again for the help!

There is one Kazuma manual in the manuals section I see..  That will likely have the information you need. They don't have wiring diagrams as such but they have pictures. You need to save the pictures and then enlarge them to make out the wire colours. Then you need to study the pictures of where the wires go to figure out how the wiring is.

If that manuals wires aren't the right colour, or the stator resistance specs aren't what you have, let me know what colours you do have and I'll try to find you the right pictures.  Most of those makes I suggested use the same or similar engines and the same or similar wiring. I can probably match up a wiring diagram for you, but I need the colours.

Oh I missed post #11 earlier Jim.  There won't be a red with red stripe. I presume you've muddled two wires stripes up ? Can you check that for us. And I'll start looking through the about twenty candidate manuals I have tomorrow looking for anything that looks similar. We might have to confirm which stator wire is the charge for the battery, the charge for the cdi, and the pulse/trigger wire for the cdi by checking their resistance figures.

The other five wires.. The only thing I can think of they could be is gear position switch, which you could check by using a ohms gauge while shifting through the gears. Most of those little Chinese engines don't have anything like that, but it's all I can think of. If it is a gear position switch that will narrow down the model the engine might have come out of considerably.

25 minutes ago, Mech said:

There won't be a red with red stripe.

Oops! That wire is Red w/ Black stripe that I have connected to the Red w/ Black stripe on the CDI. Also not sure how to get into the manuals, don't think I have enough posts yet?

You guys are the greatest for helping, Hope to be able to return the favor sometime.

Sorry about my earlier post i didnt realize you had all the ignition parts, good luck, curious as to how it comes out, keep us informed. I just thought since it was a Kazuma motor these parts might plug right into your existing harness without modification.

• Like 1

It sounds like you have the stator battery charge and cdi connections sussed.

I found it's a Lifan engine and they can come with gear position switches for neutral only, or, that indicate each gear, so that is what it will be. I haven't found a wiring diagram with your exact colours but if you put 152FMH-3 into google you will find plenty of leads to those engines, and if you put "Lifan 152FMH-3 gear position switch" you will find other people talking about them.

• 2 months later...