TPbandit

Bombardier DS650 frame question

I was wondering if any1 knows who i could contact [email protected] could modify a ds 650 frame to except a gsxr 1000 bike motor in....

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I would think that the hardest part would be fabing up the mounts and any fab shop can do that if you don't have a welder.

for the most part i dont think it would be too hard... there are a bunch of guys out there swaping in busa 1300's in them so room shouldnt be an issue... some other thing you might think about are wiring and controls (clutch, trottle, shifter).. im sure if you search a little there will be a quite a bit of info out there...

That sounds wicked. I hope you can find someone. I also would love to see the pix when you get it finished.

im new to this but ive heard about someone doin a busa mod ill have to get a hold of him then i could tell ya more about it

In this months issue of Sand Sports there is a Raptor R1 conversion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By patricknperkins
      Ok, so got this thing, assembled, and even added acid/assembled the battery with a solid trickle charge and the battery is fine.
      As far as I can tell, I have checked all the fuses I can find, but I have ZERO power to anything. Even the console will not light up when turned to ON.
      Is there some sort of hidden parental/child disconnect or safety switch that I'm not aware of? ANY help would be appreciated.
    • By Junior
      Hey all,
      I'm new to this site and to CanAm/Bombardier atv's. I purchased this quad local to my area and shortly after started noticing a knocking noise from the bottom end, which I've been told may need a rebuild.
      The atv is complete, but I'm now looking to part it out, unless someone knows where I can get the bottom end rebuilt for a decent price.
      I can take some pics of the quad and upload. If you need parts off of it, let me know and make me an offer.
    • By pickytar
      I have a Chinese Hybird 250 or that's what I was told it was. I found 17 numbers on the frame. Will these numbers tell me exactly what it is that I have? (I know that its a 2006 from a plate on the front)
    • By upper_tanker
      Hey all, new guy here. I am wondering if anyone has one of these machines, that can possibly take a picture/tell me where the hoes goes from the timing chain cover. I took this machine apart in the fall of 2014, planning to rebuild the top end, and didn't get around to doing it until about a month ago. motor is back together, and I'm just curious as to where this hose goes. One end has a plastic ribbed fitting in it.
      Also, the rear upper nipple on the carburetor.....what goes there? is that just a breather also or?
      I have the rubber piece that slides into the rear of the gas tank with 3 hoses: 2 go to the rear, and 1 is just a clear piece of hose that isn't connected anywhere.
      I have another one of these machines, but it is 5 hours away.
      I guess that's what I get for waiting a year and a half to put it back together lol.
      Thanks
    • By BigTrees
      Hello everyone, I have a new to me 86 Bayou 300 that I just bought last night to get around the property. It wouldn't start when I bought it but it did turn over with starting fluid, PO said the carb neeeded cleaned. I cleaned the carb today but need to get the choke wired up as it was not wired up when purchased.
      I'm hoping one of you can help me get this choke wired up. Coming from the carb it has 2 wires. 1 is yellow and 1 is black. The PO said I needed to ground one and put the other one on a switch.
      Should I do it this way or is there another/better way to do it? I'd really appreciate any help I could get!! Thanks in advance!