Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

stanton09

new swingarm for my Honda trx450?

Im looking ap buying a extended swingarm for my honda. i ride in the sand only. which brand of swing arms are you guys using?

how many inchs over should i get having a 498 bb kit in my bike?

im not into drag racing much mainly holeshots and just having fun

I would either go with a +4 or +6... Im running a +6 on my banshee and it is very duneable... We ride a lot of trails at the dunes and i can still turn with no problem... It is a blast to hillshoot with a +6 swinger...

+6?? If your not dragging i dont think you need that long maybe a +3 or +4 dont know about dunes much but but how bout SMC? There cheap and have a good warranty. Our Houser.

+6?? If your not dragging i dont think you need that long maybe a +3 or +4 dont know about dunes much but but how bout SMC? There cheap and have a good warranty. Our Houser.

Most fast drag bikes run a +12 to +18 not just a +6... +6 works awesome for me and i can still jump all day with it and it hooks awesome with a good set of paddles.

I would also go with the +6. There aren't to bad in the trails or dune ridding. I see your going 498, so I figure your going to end up going drag in the future. A +6 is a great start. If you ever want to go faster than the swingarm allows, just get a wheelie bar. There are alot of custom fabricators around that are fairly cheap, but you have to look at the weight issue if you ever plan to be competitive in drag racing. If you just plan on dune ridding, weight probably won't be that much of a factor.