Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

pettybone

2001 BRP DS650 Adding HID Lights

Want to get some info on maybe adding 2 HID lights to my bike. Does anyone have specs on charging system to see if it can handle it?

I would call a Can-Am dealer for that info. I would think that you would be ok to add some lights, but I am not 100% sure what your electrical system is capable of. If you put them on and start having battery and/or fuse problems, then you know you need to beef up the charging system.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By kgard
      Hi all, I bought a 2018 used 450 for my wife. She is having trouble with some of the real rocky trails close to our home. Her arms give out in an hour or two so I was thinking of adding power steering . Is this possible ? Anyone done this ? 
    • By Vybrano Cz
      (I don't have manual and there isn't one on the internet)
      It's a 150cc ATV, automatic transmission, automatic starter, with zero electric devices.
      I have to mount at least some front/rear lights. But for how many watts should I aim in total on entire ATV? You know, for example there are 10/50/200 Watt lights. But it's impossible to order some, when I don't know if I should keep entire ATV under 100 Watts? Under 500 Watts? Under 1000 Watts?
    • By Matt John
      Charging issue?
      I have a 2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 EFI. Yesterday, I start the machine and it says low power (10.6-10.8). This machine is on its second battery. This is a new AGM battery with 50cca more than stock.
      Should I look at the regulator or stator?
      Thanks!!!
    • By gyminis
      i recieved a 1997 polaris big boss 400 6x6 and need to know what the compression #s should be on a new motor
    • By Artifice
      ATV Trails, Motorcycle Trails, Motocross Tracks, California
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Junior
      Hey all,
      I'm new to this site and to CanAm/Bombardier atv's. I purchased this quad local to my area and shortly after started noticing a knocking noise from the bottom end, which I've been told may need a rebuild.
      The atv is complete, but I'm now looking to part it out, unless someone knows where I can get the bottom end rebuilt for a decent price.
      I can take some pics of the quad and upload. If you need parts off of it, let me know and make me an offer.
    • By Bits52
      Thank you for your help, just got quad for my daughter n needs a little work [email protected]
      It's actually a 2002 , just found serial number. Thanks for any help that you can !
    • By switch
      I have a really dumb question. My big bear came half apart and I am not sure how the timing chain guide is supposed to sit in there. I have the entire top end cleaned, bored, new piston, gaskets, etc. I do not see anywhere in any manual or thread where it shows how the chain guide is installed or held on place????? Also should it be the same height as the other side???
    • By biggreen2010
      ok it will start up an run but quits a lot till it gets warm, but has a bad miss an wont idle, I have a brand new Honda carb on it, good gas flow, new plug, but when I let the throttle go below a quarter, it backfires through carb an tail pipe:confused: so it has never had any electrical work or mechanical work done...it just started all the sudden, I'm think it may have ignition coil breaking down, or cdi box going bad...anyone had this trouble before? let me know what you did to fix it. thanks:skeptic:
    • By higdon87
      Need some help i have a 2001 400ex that smokes on start up and smokes even more when you give it throttle. I just noticed that it leaks oil at the header and motor connect. I just got it from a guy that said he rebuilt the top half and he told me that the valves needed to be adjusted. But what will make it leak? Thanks in advance