Quantcast

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By JoeB
      Hello, Trying to see if anyone on here has been into these trails yet this year. I havn't been in in almost 10 years and am not sure of the conditions. Last time I was in was over 10 years ago and I went in on a 2wd quad, someone thought the mudholes had gotten far to large for that now. We have winches and recover gear and 2 of 5 quads have  4WD. I also cant recaul if the road into the trail head is high grade or not, was hoping to use our class c motrhome as a tow rig, but if its not graveled its not worth getting it stuck if it rains.

Thanks
    • By Murph
      So i recently acquired an 07 400 auto, paid $1000 and only has 900 miles on it, the thing is in fabulous condition, unfortunately it has had a good bit of work done to it, and everyone loves picking up on an unfinished project. So here is what i've got. It supposedly has a new stator in it (looks like it does), it came with two more, one is worn out, like the tops of the poles are smooth, and the other one looks used, but the flywheel is not harmed. it came with a new cdi box (Procom PE-C-AS/K400-A) not sure if this is compatible or not, but when i plugged it up, i think it may have blown the ign fuse. it came with a new (UP2) voltage regulator. and the spark plug coil is not stock, have the old broken ones, everything works but no spark, it has an new aftermarket left handle switch cluster, also have the old one, and i don't know if it is supposed to have more, but there is only one diod in the fuse box, i have a wiring diagram, as well as all of the manuals, the red green wire At the cdi only has 9 voltes, and the wiring diagram says that it is the "Revers". I live about 30 minutes away from a atv junk yard, so if i can't figure it out, i will just take a day and start swapping stuff untillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll it works, PS. if you had a 00 Polaris 500, and an 07 cat 400, which one would you keep? so far the Polaris is winning, cause i've fixed it, but just curios? here is a question, how many volts should i be getting from the magneto when turning it over, the book says the blue and green wires should have over 5 volts, but doesn't say if thats running or not?  Yes I have tried, swapping the wires the stator wires to revers polarity , he bought OEM and China,   my stator/magneto tests fine accept for voltage the green and blue wires on the four pronged plug, which are said to be magneto trigger wires? One blue/- green/+, and the book says it should be over 5 volts, but is that when it's running, starting, sitting? I get a slight change in volts when turning it over, like .5 .7 volts? ps. this is just a bunch of my comments from the artic chat forum, so i wouldn't have to retype it all. any info  wanted.
    • By Hungus
      Hey guys, I know a 2000 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 5 speed single range transmission is model: YFM400FM
      But what is the model designation for: 
      2000 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 "Professional" 5 speed dual range transmission...   YFM400F??
      VIN decoders don't seem to work for this Yamaha I picked up.
    • By Freezeman
      Thought i would share a fix that I came across. I was working on a 99 scambler 500, The customer complaint was that even with the fuel shut off the tank would slowly drain out onto the ground. First I found the fuel shut off was bad/ leaking/ dripping so I installed a new one thinking that would fix it. Then I ran it and and seen that the overflow was flowing fuel out from the bowl. So I cleaned the needle and seat and changed the float height to lower the fuel level in the bowl. Well... It still overflowed and flooded. So I bench tested the needle and seat with a pop off tester. I found that these newer style needle and seats just utilize an o-ring to install the brass seat into the carb.
      The o-ring for the seat had hardened up allowing fuel into the float bowl from under the seat. New o-ring and problems solved.  

• By Martin Prevost
      Anyone know how to change our display names ? Is search on the forum but can't find anything.