Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

fr50089

performance mods?

I have recently got a 02 polaris trail boss 325 and want to know what performance mods that I can do I have already found a jet kit but thats about it. I would really love to put a universal type muffler on mainly for a better sound (i build cars for a living so sound is very important to me).Im not looking to race it or anything like that just have fun with it and build a little more power. Any help would be much appreciated.

If you are going to change out the exhaust and rejet you should also take a look at the intake. They are sometimes restrictive from the factory.

Thanks for the sight I checked it out and found some things that I am going to give a try. Im kinda new to this whole quad thing have always wanted one and recently got one for doing some paintwork on a guys car so Im going to mod it and have some fun with it.

Thanks for the sight I checked it out and found some things that I am going to give a try. Im kinda new to this whole quad thing have always wanted one and recently got one for doing some paintwork on a guys car so Im going to mod it and have some fun with it.

let us know how it turns out

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By colin james
      View File 2018/2019 Polaris Sportsman XP 850/1000 Service Manual
      This is the factory service manual for the 2018/2019 Polaris Sportsman XP 850/1000
      Submitter colin james Submitted 08/01/2019 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By Jeremy Morris
      If you're getting that pesky leaky seal on the pinion of your front differential and the pinion has allot of play, polaris won't sell the bushing needed to repair it properly without having to shell out big bucks for the complete ring and pinion kit. 
      I have a kit with an upgraded bushing, Japanese made bearing and USmade seal
      50 shipped in the US and 55 to Canada

• By Chase Cook
      I have a Polaris sportsman 500 and I just replace the piston in rings and head gaskets on it and I made sure the timing was exactly right it's getting gas and fire but it still won't start. It sounds like it has low compression but at the same time it sucks in air pretty good from the intake. Also the valves are adjusted to spec. It did start the first time I installed the Piston and Rings but it only stayed running for 5 seconds with starting fluid and then it shut off and then I tried to turn on the next day and it didn't do nothing and I've been going at it for three weekends now and it still ain't doing nothing. I wonder if i set the timing off a little or a lot if it would start up, because I inline the crankshaft sprocket with the crankcase timing line like it said in a manual and the two points on top of the cam sprocket to top dead center of the piston. I even took the spark plug out and stuck a camera light in there to make sure it was top dead center and it still won't do anything. AlsoI drain the carburetor some and shut d fuel petcock off to see if it was getting too much gas and that still isn't the problem. And where I live all the darn mechanics that work on Polaris ATVs are booked for two weeks which sucks and I need hope immediately or I'm just going to set the ATV on fire because I'm getting very frustrated with this crappy brand. Every other name brand ATV I worked on I got it running right and I replace the piston, rings and everything etc, and they started up fine. But this is starting to get very frustrated and I don't know who to talk to who had this problem before, who "don't have to come look at it". Cuz when they say that that means you're not going to come look at it until 2-4 Weeks later because there booked, which I don't have time for. Living in northern part of Florida sucks.
    • By Chase Cook
      I have a Polaris sportsman 500 and I just replace the piston in rings and head gaskets on it and I made sure the timing was exactly right it's getting gas and fire but it still won't start. It sounds like it has low compression by the same time it sucks then are pretty good from the intake. Also the valves are adjusted to spec. It did start the first time but it only stayed run for 5 seconds with starting fluid and then it shut off and then I tried to turn on the next day and it didn't do nothing and I've been going at first three weekends now and it still ain't doing nothing. I wonder if i set the timing off a little or a lot if it would start up because I inline the crankshaft sprocket with the crankcase timing line like it said in a manual and the two points on top of the cam sprocket to top dead center of the piston. I even took the spark plug out and stuck a camera light in there to make sure it was top dead center. And where I live all the darn mechanics dot work on Polaris ATVs are booked for two weeks which sucks and I need hope immediately or I'm just going to set the ATV on fire because I'm getting very frustrated with this crappy brand. Every other name brand ATV I worked on I got it running right and I replace the piston, rings and everything and they started up fine. But this is starting to get very frustrated and I don't know who to talk to who had this problem before, who "don't have to come look at it". Cuz when they say that that means you're not going to come look at it until 2-4 Weeks later which I don't have time for.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Chopermech
      Check this out:
      I have been working on these and trying to get the word out on the forums.
      I am now at the point to be able to start doing struts for others. If you haven't kept up with my progress, I have developed adding external reservoirs. It would be an approximate $(contact me for current pricing as some things have gotten cheaper and some have not) cost for both struts which includes adding bungs and all parts, including a lower magnetic drain plug. It would be a complete assembly ready to install with minor tweaking once on the atv (such as line routing) but nothing significant 

Send me an email if you have particular things you want done or suggestions based on problems you are encountering with the oem set up. I can help you decide which route to go.

Here in the following pic of my manual, is a list of OEM part number struts I have developed this program for. Basically, it will encompass all SRA's with a front strut like the one in the picture, even the ones with a slightly diferrent lower spring perch.

If you are interested in an affordable and better front suspension on your utility SRA, please email me at: [email protected] to ensure I get your correspondence, since my inbox on the forum periodically fills up.
      http://www.kawieriders.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1314451#post1314451
    • By oxidized_black
      thanks to whoever is thumbnailing my videos. i copy the links and post them, but when i go to play them, it says not found. sorry for the extra workload.
      and you have an awesome site here!
    • By lifted
      i ride a 03 350 warrior im wondering if any one can tell me if i can fit a 650 ninja street bike engine on it