Quantcast

Girls 'just felt right' murdering friend

Guest Fox300exchic

Guest Fox300exchic

Girls 'just felt right' murdering friendBy Liza Kappelle

April 23, 2007 07:34pm

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21607426-1245,00.html#

TWO teenagers who wanted to experience murder told police it "felt right" to strangle a friend and bury her body in a shallow grave beneath her West Australian home.

The 17-year-old girls, who cannot be named due to their age, today faced a sentencing hearing in Perth Children's Court after pleading guilty to murdering Eliza Jane Davis in the small coal mining town of Collie on June 18, 2006.

As the girls sat stony-faced in court today, Prosecutor Simon Stone said they had confessed that after partying with Eliza on the Saturday night they decided to kill her.

"Sunday morning me and (her) woke up, and we were just talking, and for some reason we just decided to kill her," one of the girls told police in her interview.

"We just did it because we felt like it, it is hard to explain," the other girl said.

"I knew we had wanted to kill someone before.

"We knew it was wrong, but it didn't feel wrong at all, it just felt right."

The girls planned their attack and changed into old clothes.

One of them snuck up behind Eliza as she was reading, wrapped speaker wire twice around her throat and quickly tightened it as the other held her down, trying to press a chemical soaked cloth into her mouth.

"She started not being able to get her breath, and we just kept going," one of the girls said.

"She was just yelling at us `What the f**k, what are you doing' .. `Oh you freaks, what's wrong with you psychos."

Mr Stone said they chose to strangle Eliza because one of them had to return to Perth that afternoon and they wanted a quick and "non-messy" killing.

"As our friend, we did not really want her to suffer," one told police.

"We didn't really expect to get away with it.

"We were willing to take the risk."

The girls regretted the fuss the killing caused but neither felt remorse for their dead friend, Mr Stone said.

"If she had died another way it probably would have bothered me ... but it just did not," one girl said.

The girls reported Eliza missing after they buried her and pretended to help her family look for the dead girl.

The girls turned themselves in several days later, walking into separate police stations and directing authorities to where they buried her body.

Mr Stone told the court the girls had no remorse and were holding back on the reason behind their cold-blooded, premeditated, sadistic killing.

"It is a mystery your honour, what happened."

He said the girls had discussed killing someone else and one had prepared for homicide by killing two kittens.

"Whilst together (they) will continue to pose some risk to others in custody."

Mr Stone called for sentences of life in prison.

The hearing continues tomorrow.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By mehim
      Hi everyone. 
      Let me explain the thread title. 
      My husband and I are very active in the nudist community, and we have stayed at many and most of the mainstream nudist and clothing optional campgrounds in the USA. We are now approaching our retirement and would like to start a podcast to share those off the road / backwoods / little known camping areas where nudity is allowed. We have purchased a 5th wheel camping trailer with a rear garage for the ATV and now need some good reports on the one to buy. 
      We are most interested in a side by side unit but would love to get your thoughts. 
      Feel free to stop by and say Hi and ask anything you would like to better understand what we are looking for in an offroad unit. 
      Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you. 

• By Werewolf
      My wheeler originally had a fuel leak.But on trying to start it no spark. Took front end off, when I try to start it I get one spark then nothing. Come back a while latter one spark,replaced coil and cdi box no help?
    • By tryn2hrd
      I have a rancher 420 TM that since i bought it has a cold hard shift problem beyond a doubt clutch is not releasing by shift lever. After it gets good and hot it shifts ok. Tried preloading adjustment screw clutch releases and shifts smooth but slips. Have had the clutch out and apart twice for inspection and didnt see anything wrong. Any tips will be appreciated. I've ran out of things to try instead of throwing new parts at it. 

• By Gwbarm
      I bought this Eiger about a year ago it has been my runner while i worked on my other projects, except today it wouldnt crank, i suspect it is the  petcock not letting fuel through. When i bought it it had a multitude of problems, but i just ignored those and rode it any way, put it on the back burner while i worked on my other projects with more serious problems, like stuck engine ,wiring harness ripped out, and wheels locked up. Got those all sorted out and since it wouldnt crank today decided it was time to refine this one. When i got it it had a bad Non OEM carb replaced it with a cheap aftermarket until i could find a descent priced OEM to rebuild, and have been riding it ever since. It also had a bad petcock, would only run on prime, neutral light didnt work, no brakes, which are a luxury anyway, but as im getting older luxurys are nice to have, so i guess i will fix those. I paid a little more for this one, $800 but he wanted $1500, because it ran and moved and most things seemed to work, and it didnt smoke, even with the bad carb. Generally 500 is my limit for a non runner, since this one ran i upped my limit a little. So i got it out of the shed before the mice got in it for the winter and started going over it today.

I would never buy a new camouflaged one because of what you see here, and it almost stopped me from buying this one, but it is what it is, not much i can do for that now, they did look nice when new, i am toying with the idea of replacing the plastics while i can still get them, but am not there yet, expensive.

I think the snorkel has got to go its not hooked up anyway. Looks like a perfect mouse house.

• By kawasig
      Hello All
      I'm kinda new to ATVs. I just bought a 1987 Suzuki quad runner 230 Dual Range. I'm having a problem finding info on it. It's very clean, only 2.800 miles. The front wheels are only 30 in.center to center. I was thinking about adding wheel spacers to give it more stability. I realize the added stress on ball joints and bearings. I'm wondering if there are any other concerns? Any input is greatly appreciated!