Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2001 Kawasaki Bayou 300 - Engine Shuts Down

eroark

hi: there is no carberater, issue all lines or new, the carb was takeing apart and cleaned up . and all parts were put in carberater cleaner, overnight and compressed air was used to blow out all the passages. there is no sputter, hesitation, it has very good power and acceleration. i also check out the generater, stater, pulsing coil, when the engine was cold.yes i check for a spark at the spark plug, and the spark seems to be very week its a red spark or no spark at all. thank you very much.

We need more info about the bike. Make, model and year for starters. I am going to say its the cdi unit is bad. You need to refer to the shop manual to test if its ok. Check all grounds and make sure there is absolutley no corossion on any single ground. Make sure they are clean and tight. Test your ignition coil to rule that out. Last i would check ignition switch and engine shutoff switch for corrosion

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

hi: i checked all the connections, there all clean and tight. the ignition coil, cdi, voltage regulater, were installed new about a year ago. yes i know the spark should bright blue but its a very small red spark. and at times no spark at all, yes i have a multimeter, and a clymer's service manual, i checked the generater, stater coil, and the pulsing coil, when the engine was cold. should i check it when it is hot ?. thank you

hi: i tested the generator, parts today the pick-coil tested 472 ohms cold. and 596 ohms with the engine, warmed-up. the stator tested 0 ohms engine, cold and 0 ohms engine warmed-up. i got 14.7 volts at the battery termenal's. that means the voltage regulator, is good right.? any ideals ? thank you all very much.

hi: yesterday i the it would not start-up. so i pushed in on the stator plug, and the pulsing coil plugin, and after i did this. it started right-up. so i think that i have found the problem. so i am going to just cut the plugs, off and use wire-nuts to reconnect the all of the wires. because the plug ends are all damaged. and won't stay tight anyway. they just wont stay tight enough. thank you so much.

me? :laugh:

well, when my big bear had the stator problem, the spark was very dim but blue and very irregular.

when you said yours was red, i know that is very very weak. you also put on brand new electrical parts, as did the previous owner of the big bear, and was still in the same boat as when he started. the stator generates the spark as you already know, so ruling out everything else electrical, i would have thought it was the stator... ???

you posted earlier that the connections were loose? did that solve the problem with the spark now?

• 1 month later...